tree nut allergy question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tree nut allergy question

This year the entire clan is coming down to OC. The grandchildren like to have one night where everyone has fried chicken. This year one of the grandchildren has a tree nut allergy. Does anyone know if the fried chicken from either Rick's Market on 64th; Phillip's on 141st; KFC; Dayton's or anyone else uses peanut oil to fry their chicken.

I wouldn't trust an answer from a forum. There are good people here with good intentions but you should really call and then ask again when you're down and ready to order. Take no chances.
    Ken

Comment

Absolutely agree with Terp. And when you call, ask to speak with a manager,not just a foreign student waitress who is just there for the summer. Waterman's in West OC on Rte. 50 has very good fried chicken and you can get it all you can eat if you want.
      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

When you call these fryerries, please specify that you are looking out for peanut oil. If the person has a tree nut allergy, peanuts are not tree nuts. I am not a doctor, but I have seen many of them....

Comment

I plan on calling ahead however I just wanted to know before hand. Also, where on Route 50 is Waterman's. Is it in the mall?

Comment

Agree - definitely call ahead about the peanut oil!
            Waterman's is about 1 mile west of the Route 50 Bridge, on the north side of 50. It is hard to miss, but if you cross Heron Creek, you went too far.
            Here is a map (click on it to see a larger image):
            Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 7.40.59 PM.jpg
            Last edited by OCGuy; 06-29-2015, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gramcracker View Post
              This year the entire clan is coming down to OC. The grandchildren like to have one night where everyone has fried chicken. This year one of the grandchildren has a tree nut allergy. Does anyone know if the fried chicken from either Rick's Market on 64th; Phillip's on 141st; KFC; Dayton's or anyone else uses peanut oil to fry their chicken.
              No Thrashers Fries

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. Not in OC.
                Ken

Comment

I'd suggest calling them. There is a very little chance that someone knows about it. Calling them will do good, of course they know it. That's something serious.

Comment

We were in OC last week. Before I went I contacted the corporate offices and received written e mail responses from Phillips & Royal Farms. I printed them out & when I called to order I informed them of my responses and asked them to verify what type of oil they use. When I ordered chicken for the grandchildren I went with Royal Farms. They enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                    X