Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADMIN: Please stop the Pop-ups!

Admin,
    I get the "GET THE INSIDE SCOOP ON OCEAN CITY, MD" pop-up window all the time - way too often . It often kicks me back to the main page. It makes this site almost non-functional. The site is already pretty dead, but this is annoying enough that it causes me to use the site less and less, maybe soon not at all!

Please get rid of or at least significantly reduce this pop-up window. BTW, I already signed up for what it asks for, so I really don't need to see it!

Thanks!

I'm in total agreement, OCGuy. This morning that popup is making it impossible for me to view the topics in some of the forums. (Not this one, obviously.) And, I, too, have already signed up for the offer this popup is promoting, so it's totally useless to me & is making the board useless. Please, stop it now! But, really, is there even an admin for this board anymore? It seems to be operating on it own lately.

Comment

Is anyone out there? Please fix this issue as the pop-up makes this site practiclly un-usable!

I would write to the admin directly, but there seems to be no email address in the oceancity.com contact info.

Comment

I don't think there are any more admins OCGuy. Nobody has monitored or responded to anything on this forum in a long, long, long time. The only way anyone responds is if something is reported. So maybe if I "report" your post, they will read it.

"reported"

Now we wait and see.
        Ask an OC Insider

Comment

I get the feeling that there is no Admin. here any more.

Comment

Hi, everyone!

There actually is an admin now--it's me--but you're right, there hasn't been someone frequently moderating this forum in awhile. I'm here to do that now, so no worries.

As for the pop-up issue, I'll see if we can get that fixed so it doesn't pop up as often, or at all once you're signed up for emails. If it's redirecting you to the homepage or doing other strange things, try using a browser other than Internet Explorer like Chrome, Safari or Firefox.

Comment

The pop-up problem happens in Chrome as well, so I don't think it is a browser-specific issue.

Comment

Could we also stop the auto-logout? After 30 minutes or so, the system logs you out. If you are typing in a forum, you have no idea that you have been logged out until you try to post, then it tells you that you don't have permission to post. If you don't copy what you have typed, you lose it all.

Comment

I don't experience any pop ups or auto logout and I use Chrome.

Edit: I use the Adblock Plus extension for Chrome.
                  Ken

Comment

ADMIN Please stop the Pop ups

How do we stop the display of ads? I see them at the top and right side of every forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshuagat View Post
                      How do we stop the display of ads? I see them at the top and right side of every forum.
                      Hmmmmmmmm, interesting. I don't have any ads on the right side of the forums or the tops. I also am not bothered by popups anymore (since several months ago) & I haven't added any type of adblocker, I use Chrome browser.

Comment

Working...
                      X