Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child/Baby Friendly Restaurants in OC

Hello,

My wife, 6 month old, and I will be coming down the 3rd week of September. Does anyone know of any child friendly restaurants? We obviously don't want to bring her to any high end restaurants where other people might be disturbed or put off by a baby being there (we don't want to "those people").

It really depends on what kind of restaurant you're interested in. Dough Roller at S.Division St & Boardwalk is definitely family friendly if you want pizza or fried chicken. Layton's at 16th & Phila. is also quite family friendly. Most any restaurant in OC will suit. Some may seem a bit too bar-like for a small child, that depends on how you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by WalkingInTheSand View Post
      Hello,

My wife, 6 month old, and I will be coming down the 3rd week of September. Does anyone know of any child friendly restaurants? We obviously don't want to bring her to any high end restaurants where other people might be disturbed or put off by a baby being there (we don't want to "those people").
      When our kids were young, we'd frequent Fish Tales; also Harrison's Harbor Watch; get a window seat.

Comment

We just had a trip with our seven month old, and we had no problems eating at:

The Greene Turtle (West OC)
        Caruso's
        The Frog Bar
        Coin's
        Full Moon Saloon (West OC)
        The Dough Roller (S. Division Location)
        Mother's Cantina
        Harrison's Harbor Watch

Comment

Thank You, All!

Comment

I would not take an infant to the Frog Bar. That place is filthy. With a child that age, you can go about anywhere. It's not like you need a play area.
            Ken

Comment

Originally posted by terp84alum View Post
              I would not take an infant to the Frog Bar. That place is filthy. With a child that age, you can go about anywhere. It's not like you need a play area.
              It was clean when we were there. Both times.

Comment

I always visit the Frog,sure it could be more clean,so could every place in OC..I certainly would not call it filithy.I have seen way WAY worse....now,go get u a brew with a view!!!!!

Comment

I wouldn't take a baby to the Frog Bar either. Sorry, just wouldn't. Any of the Dough Rollers, BJ's on the Water, Shenanigans is a bar/restaurant on the boardwalk but you can eat outside or in, and it's family friendly. Honestly, just about every place in OC is family friendly. I'd say avoid Jules, Captain's Table, Ristorante Antipasti, Fagers, the Hobbit, and Shark on the Harbor if you want to avoid high end restaurants. Joe's Shrimp Boat in West OC is a true shore restaurant and VERY casual, but good food. And there are a lot of chains in OC too like Applebees, KFC, and Burger King. Try Buxy's Salty Dog or Dry Dock 28 (adjacent). Dead Freddies and Fish Tales are kid friendly as well as the Marina Deck and the Angler. BJ's would be my choice for a nice dinner with your spouse and ask for a window seat. Beautiful bay views and you can watch the ducks and geese in the water just outside, plus it's great for sunsets. And it's fine with a baby. Good food. Try the seafood skins, steamed shrimp, their steaks are good, and I like their chicken Teriyaki. Very good grilled chicken breast (boneless) with teriyaki sauce over rice with delicious tropical salsa on the side. Nothing like what you find in a Chinese restaurant. Lots of pizza places all over town.
                  Remember that Bike Weekend is Sept. 13, - 16th and Sunfest weekend is the following weekend. So it will be busy. The tram will run on the boards for Sunfest weekend, but won't be running any other time in September. And the last day for lifeguards is Sept. 23.
                  Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Thank you, Z06RL, I really appreciate it. Before my wife and I had our babe, we were always at higher end restaurants , etc.

Comment

Originally posted by WalkingInTheSand View Post
                      Thank you, Z06RL, I really appreciate it. Before my wife and I had our babe, we were always at higher end restaurants , etc.
                      LOL. Yep. There are LOTS of things we all used to do before kids. Like sleep!!
                      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

From my point of view Macky's, Fish tales and Mother's Cantina will be better for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X