Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could change one thing about OC what would you change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you could change one thing about OC what would you ...

Originally posted by DeanM

Really the biggest thing I'd like to change about OC is I'd like to have my mail delivered there permenetly!

ME TOO!
    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

I would like to see Ocean City do a better job preserving its past. It seems like in the early 2000, they really went on a "tear down the old" kick, and we came dangerously close to losing Trimper's.

Things have slowed down, but I think that has more to do with the economy. It's been mentioned here before, but downtown OC has lost a little charm.

Comment

To me Ocean City's charm isn't in whats there or what no longer is. But even though I have never lived there and have never stayed for more than a week at a time, Even when I just go for the day it always feels like coming home. I don't think a place can lose it's charm, I think people perseptions of a place change based on what they enjoy doing there. If you like a small town feel then you would think OC is less charming. As a kid we went to Miami Beach alot so I always think of lots of tall buildings near the shore.

May head down tomorrow for a while since it is going to be close to 50 degrees. Have a great wekend.

Comment

Well said

Comment

What I would change....

First, I would make alcohol legal on the beach and boardwalk or at least in certain areas. Possibly a strip of bars on the boardwalk that you could hop to and from. As far as the beach I know most of you would disagree with the whole alcohol on the beach thing but I think it would work in sections, keeping the kids away from it. Example, alcohol allowed only from 17th st. to 25th st and 80th st. to 88th or whatever. More business on the beach - you could have bar huts lined up to sell alcohol in certain parts for a ridiculous jacked-up, super OC price!

I would also like to see a little more diversity in the shopping on the boardwalk. I mean I know T-shirt shops are like a huge staple in the boardwalk but I think having a few rather than 100 would work just as well. I would also install more public restrooms along the boardwalk. I think there's only currently 2 (maybe 3) on the boardwalk currently. I'm just saying, a lot of places won't let you use their restroom unless you buy something and sometimes you may need to walk 10+ streets to get to the closest one.

All in all, I wouldn't change much. I'm pretty happy with the way things are already!

Comment

What I would like to see changed is more Candy Kitchens. I don't want to have leave a Candy Kitchen and be forced to walk over 50 feet to the next one, they need to build more of them and spaced closer together. In fact, they need to build a Candy Kitchen inside of a Candy Kitchen, now wouldn't that be cool.

Comment

Ban smoking on the beach. Nothing like setting up your blanket and umbrella and later on some a-hole plopping down next to you and lighting up. Then having your kids playing in the sand and digging up cigarette butts left by the nasty pigs who don't know how to clean up after themselves. These people wouldn't appreciate being downwind of me passing gas. And my gas doesn't damage lungs like their smoke does.

Comment

Walking barefoot across the beach dodging cigarette butts is nearly as disgusting as walking barefoot and dodging the dog poop from the people who have dogs and no respect for anybody else. I've stood many times on my balcony and watched people take their dogs out, let them poop, and just walk away without picking it up. And believe me, when I see them do it, I yell for them to pick it up! 9 time out of 10 they do, but there's always that 10th one. Dogs and public beaches do not belong together.
                  Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Originally posted by flaggerjohn

What I would like to see changed is more Candy Kitchens. I don't want to have leave a Candy Kitchen and be forced to walk over 50 feet to the next one, they need to build more of them and spaced closer together. In fact, they need to build a Candy Kitchen inside of a Candy Kitchen, now wouldn't that be cool.

As a connoisseur of fine sarcasm, I wholly approve of this post. Well done.

That brings up another store along this theme. I think O.C. needs more Sunsations stores.

Comment

Agree 100% about dogs on the beach.

Comment

I have to agree with both. We love going down off season, take the dog and let her run the beach. However, nasty as it is, we do clean up after her when she does her business, it's just common courtesy. I thought that during regular season, there were no dogs allowed at all. Cigarettes are another matter. We have the same problem down at Assateague. I don't know why smokers think it's OK to throw their butts out anywhere when the rest of us (normally) don't leave our trash lying around. It's frustrating when the children are playing in the sand, building and digging and they have to keep throwing the butts out. Not sure we'll ever see this one resolved though, how do you enforce it. Sure don't want to see the life guards become litter police, they have enough to do already.

Comment

Just because dogs aren't allowed during the regular season doesn't mean that they aren't there. Early in the morning or late in the afternoon, they're all up and down the beach. And who is going to enforce the law on the whole beach? While I appreciate that people love their four legged friends, I just wish they'd leave them at home.
                          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Would only maybe like to see the elimination of so much duplication on the bosrdwalk. how many t-shirt places, sunsations, candykitchens etc..a little variety would be nice.

Comment

Littering including nasty disgusting cigarette butts is not a problem in Singapore.

Ever been to Singapore? It is very clean and you don't see people littering.

Know why? Is it because they all respect each other's space and the environment? Hardly.

It is because the punishment for littering is caning.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachdude

Littering including nasty disgusting cigarette butts is not a problem in Singapore.

Ever been to Singapore? It is very clean and you don't see people littering.

Know why? Is it because they all respect each other's space and the environment? Hardly.

It is because the punishment for littering is caning.
                                There are some visitors to OC who could use a good caning.

Comment

Working...
                                X