Forum not as busy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianpa View Post
    I have never put old bay on fries before. The next time we make them at home I am going to give it a try.

brianpa
    You'll love it, but try it with a ranch dressing and melted cheese dip on the side (seperate dressing and cheese). We have a local restaraunt that serves fries this way. YUM!
    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Good Gawd You People Are....

...TWISTED There are some things that are against the Laws of Nature! And one of them is putting anything but ketchup on french fries!

This is sad, really sad. I guess people will put anything on their fries because they don't know any better.

And you know what? As soon as I'm finished posting this I'm going to the market and get some fries and ketchup and stuff myself.

Vinegar, dressing...and...and....MUSTARD!!

Comment

I've had fries served to me with gravy just recently in Canada. Also, one time around Pittsburgh they came out to me with cole slaw on top. I sent those back. Also and at a restaurant in Iowa, my fries came out with mayo on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by BALTOBOB View Post
          Old Bay goes on everything.
          Try it on:
          corn on the cobb
          pocorn
          fried chicken
          scrambled eggs
          Also, try it on baked potatoes, pizza, and mac and cheese...yummy!

Comment

For the record- I tend to agree that this forum has been a little subdued- and this has been the most interesting thing discussed in weeks. I am all for debate- but this place has always been like that- there really isn't a large amount of traffic overall.

And since his name's been brought out onto the carpet- I could care less how many times NY would post- but for about 4 months- it was the same negative sh*t over and over- If something is as bad as he tried to make it out to be- than why is he even around here? He certainly wasn't improving Ocean City- just doing his part to give it a bad name (at least on this forum)- There are many more positive things happening at the beach as negative things- his only goal is to bring attention to himself, and try to stir up sh*t.

I've never been one to shy away from a debate- but he would never offer anything up but name calling whenever any of his "opinions" were challenged. It gets old after a while, debating against middle-school tactics. But putting up an entire page of the exact same topic was attention-wh*ring at it's best...

Comment

CBay--we've moved on to Thrashers Fries. BTW--my vote is for ranch dressing (and it must be Hidden Valley Ranch) with a ton of freshly ground black pepper over those fries!

Comment

Actually, we do have more new members and new topics now. And anyone is welcome to discuss controversial issues if they feel like it, as long as they avoid drowning out other subjects of discussion or violating the copyrights of other authors.

NY-MD, I'm not sure where you've gotten the idea that the site administration has discouraged the conversation about the loss of Trimpers' and other local landmarks due to the explosion of condos and increased real estate costs. I have certainly never intervened in any of the several threads on the subject, and in fact I have found it inspiring that so many people are passionate about the Ocean City that they grew up with and interested in fighting against overdevelopment. While this site does have a commercial interest with the hotels and condos, we have no interest in suppressing discussion, as that would make the forum useless for people seeking information.

As a matter of fact, OC Blogs has posted links and updates about the Trimpers' situation, and I recently wrote an article for the oceancity.com main page about our historical and sentimental landmarks, including, of course, Trimpers'.

While I would hope that the overall tone of this forum would be a happy one, since we are all very fortunate to be able to enjoy a resort vacation from time to time, we here at StateVentures are big believers in open communication. I hope that all of our regulars feel comfortable posting about whatever local issues are important to them.

-- Sarah
                Site admin

Comment

Also, I like vinegar on fries, or good-quality ketchup. Sometimes I also like them with baba ghanoush.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hall View Post
                    I've had fries served to me with gravy just recently in Canada. Also, one time around Pittsburgh they came out to me with cole slaw on top. I sent those back. Also and at a restaurant in Iowa, my fries came out with mayo on the side.
                    When you were in Pittsburgh (or around Pgh) you should try a Permanti Brothers sandwich...........Bread, your choice of meat, and every sandwich is topped with french fries and cole slaw and tomatoes..........onions by request, followed by another piece of bread! You need a VERY big mouth and a large stomach to eat one, but it's sure worth it!
                    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

The most important element here is that the fries must be hot. No cold fries, ever. And the possibilities are endless for toppings, sometimes just plain. Someone has never heard of gravy on fries? And cole slaw? I'm not from Pittsburgh, but it is a 'Burgh thing, nothing wrong there either! Why send them back, try them! Gee whiz.
                      And if you read NY-MD's posts, you would really see a strong love for Ocean City.

Comment

CBay--we've moved on to Thrashers Fries. BTW--my vote is for ranch dressing (and it must be Hidden Valley Ranch) with a ton of freshly ground black pepper over those fries!
                        Sorry- Thrashers w/ Vinegar and a splash of ol' bay- but I rarely buy them any longer since I can now buy a crabcake sandwich or softshell crab for as much as they charge for fries- and I can't fathom waiting in line 15-30 minutes for French Fries. That place must make a killing since the price of making french fries is probably about 5% of what they charge for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ocfan View Post
                          The most important element here is that the fries must be hot. No cold fries, ever. And the possibilities are endless for toppings, sometimes just plain. Someone has never heard of gravy on fries? And cole slaw? I'm not from Pittsburgh, but it is a 'Burgh thing, nothing wrong there either! Why send them back, try them! Gee whiz.
                          And if you read NY-MD's posts, you would really see a strong love for Ocean City.
                          The gravy on fries was good. It's the ones with cole slaw I sent back. Cole slaw is one of the most sickest and vilest of all foods out there . It's not that bad, I just dislike cabbage. Besides, I think a restaurant should at least mention on the menu if they're going to top the fries. When I order fries, I expect just fries.

Comment

If you don't like cole slaw putting them on your fries won't make you happy for sure. Primanti's capicola and cheese is my favorite. They have them at PNC Park and Heinz field. They always seem to taste best at around 2:15 am. I can't seem to figure out why.

brianpa

Comment

Being from the Pittsburgh area,I've eaten at Primanti's a few times, and I'm sorry to say that those sandwiches never did a thing for me. The juice from the cole slaw drips down and mixes with the grease from the fries and soaks the bread......I can't see what everyone sees in them. I guess that's why nearly everyone who likes them says they are best at 2 in the morning....when they are drunk!! Of course, I am an exception, Primanti's is so popular there is one opening just about everywhere in the Pittsburgh area, and many restaurants try to copy their signature sandwich by calling their version "The Pittsburgher", and yes, kind of like steak salad with fries on top, it IS a 'burgh thing. (only I love the steak salad)

Comment

The coleslaw moiture issue is valid. It is important to get a fresh sandwich. This is difficult at Heinz field and PNC park as they make a bunch at a time. The way a lot of people eat them is dump Red Hot on the sandwich for each bite. This makes them even more messy.

But at 2:15 am the mix of salt and grease just hits the spot. They will add a fried egg on any sandwich as well.

brianpa

Comment

Working...
                                X