Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best thing you ever FOUND in OC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best thing you ever FOUND in OC?

What's the best thing you ever found in Ocean City? A special sea shell? Driftwood? Money? A special souvenier?

It has to be something you didn't pay money for.

I found a live sea horse once and a live star fish. But I left them both there. And I think Horseshoe crabs are pretty neat, but boy do they stink when they're dead!

What "treasures" have you found?
    Ask an OC Insider

Re: What's the best thing you ever FOUND in OC?

LOVE!

Comment

There was this girl Pam, she was especially gifted.

Comment

A Place to relax from the rest of the worlds BS

Comment

My husband.
          Tracey Hofman
          Life is a Day at the Beach!

Comment

i once found a 20 dollar bill blowing down the beach,it blowed right to my chair,i actually seen it coming!

Comment

These didn't look like this when they were found, took a lot of TLC cleaning.

<can't get sizing right, so here's a thumbnail too>

Comment

Awesome lbo!!!! What a cool find.

Unfortunately, I've lost much more than I've found in OC.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt4duke

Awesome lbo!!!! What a cool find.

Unfortunately, I've lost much more than I've found in OC.
                  Thanks. It's definately the best thing I have found.

I am fascinated with the beach as it was back during pre-settelment and back to the 1600's. Many don't realize Philadelphia was a major port of call back in the day and we had major international traffic off the shoreline. We had pirates swarming the area and there are old wrecks sites off the coast in town. Captain Kidd was the reason Lewes De. created a law requiring every homeowner in town to carry a firearm to fend of pirates. Sorry I got off on a tangent there, the local history back then is interesting to me.................. moreso when I find actual relics of yesteryear. The area this Cob was found is mid-town-ish and there is a wreck site near by, in fact I think there are two in that area within 10 blocks or so. These possible wreck sites are unidentied or recorded as far as I know, and according to Dale Clifton. To find Gold would be sweet, an escudo would be the cat's meow find but heck I'd settle for a 24K ring of sorts as long as it's gold! lol These past winter storms removed a lot of sand off the beach.

Comment

I too think its pretty cool the history of OC. I remember when I was a kid back in the 80's, in the OC vacation book---they used to say about how there might be burried treasure on Assateaque Island. I havent seen that in print in over 20 years and now that they say that the Island has moved inland as far as it has since the inlet was carved...I guess any treasure is now underwater.

I also wondered with all the beach cleaning at night and all, does anyone really ever find anything of value with metal detectors? lol.

Comment

pac-man!

Comment

When I was a kid, my dad and uncles went out fishing everyday. One day they went to Assateaque and found the shoreline full of large seashells in tack. The next day they went back for more and the beach was bare. Each of us kids got a box of these seashells which I still have today. My dad put them in some kind of acid to bring out the colors. They are truly a "free" treasure of shells and memories!

Comment

Well, not necessarily "found" but I did, as a twelve year old, catch a 2 ft sand shark while fishing from the shore around 17th st. It was actually on my first cast and I never dreamed I would catch anything let alone a shark. exciting stuff, I can assure you.

Comment

This is a pretty cool thread. I never found anything in OC but on the way I found $20 in the rest spot parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by VitiminJ

This is a pretty cool thread. I never found anything in OC but on the way I found $20 in the rest spot parking lot.

Hey. If it had a picture of Andrew Jackson on it than it was probably mine. I've been missing it for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                              X