v w audi car rally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: v w audi car rally

Aw come on Bobby. You know the Corvette guys are all old and quiet and laid back in October. lol
    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Wow. I realize you all must have had a bad experience with a few of the people who have come to the show, but let's be realistic for a moment: 10,000 people, filling hotels, eating, and shopping, is a huge boost at that time of year- a boost probably equal to the Sunfest crowd. The event has taken place for 14 years in OC, so I assume you all ignored it for 12 of those years.

H2Oi receives coverage in publications from as far away as the UK and Germany, and that alone is a boost to OCs visibility.

I've gone to nearly every car event in OC since I've gotten my license in 2005, and compared to the muscle shows and other import shows, the antics on the street are tame compared to Cruisin, Import week, etc.

I'll post a more detailed, well-thought response once I get some sleep, 4:30 and no sleep for nearly 24 hours can make it difficult to form the post I'd like to publish.

I'll leave for now with this: rather than be hateful and rude toward a group because they have a deep passion for a certain marque of vehicle, it would be advantageous to work with the event and solve the issues. The revenue is great, the attention brought to OC is great, and with a more open outlook on your part, as well as ours, the event could be even greater than anyone realizes for both OCMD and European car enthusiasts.

Comment

The general consensus regarding the solution to the issues with this show is to not have the event in O.C. anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hall

The general consensus regarding the solution to the issues with this show is to not have the event in O.C. anymore.
          No, that seems to be the belief of a few closed-minded people on this site. It would be interesting to see just how much revenue would be lost with the show being moved. I'd suggest to all of you to 1) deal with what is a wonderful event that you seem to only notice the negatives of, and 2) that as a resort town, respect all those that come and choose to spend their money with you. This is only one of 6 east coast events this size, and you all are the only town/area that seems to take issue with the VW presence. York, PA; Englishtown, NJ; Helen, GA; and Wildwood, NJ all welcome us, they see the positives we bring, and they don't hate a whole group because 5% or even fewer act poorly. Understand that a few idiots don't make our whole group bad. The trucks that come for the muscle shows, the Honda guys at import week, and the teens for senior week are all worse than you seem to realize, you single out the VW crowd wrongly. I witnessed 4 near accidents at Cruisin OC a week ago from people doing burnouts and racing, and was there for a total of 6 hours. If the VW crowd needs to leave due to some shenanigans, so too do all the other car shows. I suppose I'll stop arguing the positives now, it's like trying to explain the Internet to my grandfather

Comment

"what are the show dates for H2Oi this year?"

"I don't know, but I already booked my hotel for the last weekend of September so I'll be there if a show happens or not!"

"Haha, me too"

^typical conversation

Even if you cancelled the show, Volkswagen drivers would still be showing up for the last weekend of September. I understand your concerns about the bad eggs, but you're not handling it properly and stereotyping all of us is offensive.

I suggest you find a way to be constructive, as someone else suggested. More police presence. Write more tickets for littering. (I hate when people litter, too... but I can't do much to stop them)

Complaining amognst yourselves on the internet is doing nothing positive; you're just pissing people off.

See you in September!

Comment

hot rods, 50 year old men doing burnouts in the middle of the coastal? yea saw this going down all weekend infront of cops last year, no tickets? gtfo . if oc doesnt have h2oi you guys will lose so much money its crazy. People come from all around the country for this show. Even across the ocean. hahahahahahahaha , memorial day weekend is this weekend, same weekend as dubs at the beach, guess what ? didnt have the show this weekend, and you know how many people still went down just to chill, alot. see you guys in september! :wave:

Comment

When had Ocean City turned into a noisy obnoxious resort town? Ocean City used to be a quiet peaceful town in the summer for families to come and enjoy the beach and good seafood. I just left OC Sunday and was ready to leave. Biker gangs and seniors swarmed the island late Friday. They were so loud and dirty. Litter was all over the place. And mind you, before Friday the place was clean. The bikers kept racing up and down Coastal Hwy darting in and out of traffic. One actually got hit Saturday night right in front of our motel and had to be taken to the hospital. IMO, these car shows, bikers and seniors have gotten out of hand. Police presence was everwhere and it didn't seem to help.

Comment

I am a biker dude, leave me and my people alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Comment

hahahahaha

Comment

Can of worms opened.... Because of all of the whiney people on here complaining about this and that, you can only thank yourselves when September comes and there are "swarms" of VW's.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hall

Amen!!
                        common sense is not so common

Comment

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure you will). Sunfest weekend is the end of September IN Ocean City. The VW show is also the same weekend, but is NOT held in Ocean City, just some of them drive in..........correct?

I AM a car person. I didn't used to be until 10 years ago when my husband bought a car for shows, etc. I never knew there was such a thing as a "car person". It's a state of mind.......a sort of brotherhood almost. Doesn't matter if you drive a Vette or a VW, you have a car and you want to show it off. It's very hard to explain because it's almost a phenomenon. I'm older, but I respect the younger kids. These guys are into cars, not drugs and gangs. They're young. It's a shame it's the same weekend as Sunfest, and the speeding cars or noise can be frustrating. But if you all can remember what it was like to be 18 and what it felt like to get that first burst of freedom, then maybe you can be a little more tolerant. We all sowed our wild oats. Maybe in different ways, but everyone goes through it.

A little patience goes a long way. A little tolerance goes even farther. Why not take some time to look at some of their cars. You'd be surprised what some of these kids have managed to do to their rides! There is some real talent out there.

And kids.........try and show a little maturity and caution in OC. Remember that there are a lot of families with small children there. While it's fun to burn up Coastal Highway, one wrong shift, one mistake could not only affect the rest of your life, but also someone elses. It's fun, sure. But it's not worth the rest of your life.
                          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

i agree, everyone still has to be respectful.

For everyone saying the car show should be held somewhere else and not in ocean city, guess what? its not held in ocean city. have a good night everyone

Comment

I've been going to H2Oi for 5 years now and I typically spend between $5-600 for my friday through monday stay. I don't know what the other 2 cars in my group spend that weekend but i'm sure its close to the same. I have been around VW's since 1990 when I got my first beetle and most of mine (i have 4) have well over 200k miles on them not sure if that makes them "terds" or not. I bring my whole family down for H2Oi including my 8yr old daughter, we go to the boardwalk, we go to the show, we hang out in parking lots and when these "young punks" see i'm there with a little girl they act very polite, stop swearing, and usually act alittle more mature. When all you rednecks come by with yer pick-up trucks and your wife/sister (sterotypes ARE fun aren't they) hanging out the window drunk off her ass trying to stir up the crowd by yelling at us then, yes things sometimes get rowdy. So anyway this old young punk will be back in september and I will be hanging out and I will be driving up and down the strip show or no show. I just hope sunfest is cancelled so it doesn't ruin our weekend, again.

Also I belive sunfest/H2Oi has only been the same weekend for the last 2 years and I thought I read that it was because of labor day being later. Sunfest was the 4th week and H2Oi has been the last week, its just that they have been the same week recently. In 2 years they should be seperate again if that is true.

Comment

I think the solution to this problem would be for Ocean City to pass a noise ordinance law. One not only for loud music, but for the noise that the cars and bikes make. Virginia Beach did this years ago. It brought peace to the town. That way if the 'car people' and bikers want to come to show off their vehicles without the noise, then they can. I think people would enjoy the cars more and the effort put into them.

Comment

Working...
                                X