Boardwalk Etiquette

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boardwalk Etiquette

Hehe Z. That was me in years past. I didn't step on any of the other things you mentioned and certainly didn't enter stores or restrooms barefoot. Just sayin, there are lot's of people that do walk on the boards in bare feet. Not a good combination with smoldering butts waiting to be stepped on. Nothing against smokers, just put your butt out when you're done; don't just toss it on the boards.

Comment

My wife and I ride our bikes in the early morning on the boardwalk. I'd like some of the zombies to actually pay attention to where they are walking. They just wonder aimlessly around oblivious to everything around them. Also, watch your kids and if you can, don't walk 8 abreast. Ok, I'm finished (for now).
      Ken

Comment

Here's another good rule of thumb. When in a long line in front of a boardwalk business, form the line ALONG THE SIDE of the boardwalk, NOT STRAIGHT ACROSS. Sometimes the Dumser's line and the Kohr's line forms a wall straight across the boardwalk, causing you to find a gap in the line to cross through. We can all learn a lesson from Thrasher's. They never seem to have this problem. : )

Comment

If you are biking with a crowd, try to ride single file in the more crowded sections. You can certainly ride next to each other beyond 15th street or so, but you can't really pass or be passed if you are taking up one entire side of the boardwalk.

Comment

Here's one. Smile, be friendly. Most of us are there to relax and enjoy ourselves. Smile at people when you let them cross, be polite and respectful to the people running the food stands and other businesses. I don't know why, but for some reason it seems that when people are down on vacation, they leave what little manners they have at home. I've seen people treated worse then dogs at some of the places we do business and it's sad.

We have met some really wonderful people down at Ocean City, it is just a great place to go.

We are down with at least 6 or 7 people and I agree with a previous post, don't walk 7 wide, single file may be a bit too much but at least in pairs.

Clean up your trash people, trash cans are located very close to each other. Can't tell you how many times, we've had to clean up other people's trash just to sit on a bench.

Comment

And leave your four legged family members at home! Dogs are NOT allowed on the boardwalk OR THE BEACH from May 1 to October 1. Nothing worse than walking over the dunes and tramping in dog crap from disrespectful owners. And getting chased on the beach by unleashed, illegal mutts isn't fun either. It's a dog. While you think he's having fun........he wouldn't know the difference if he was running on the beach or running on grass or sitting at home. I wish the OCPD was more diligent on this one.
              Ask an OC Insider

Comment

I always pegged you as a cat lover Z.

Comment

I agree with everything already stated above. I'd add that what you wear on the beach may (or may not) work for the beach but usually doesn't look too good on the boardwalk. Walking along the boardwalk in a too small bathing suit and nothing else, or men without shirts, can be disgusting. So, cover up!

Comment

Life I'd like to add a codicile. Cover up if you are a fat, hairy middle-aged person like me. However, if you are a hot, curvy, 21 year old please feel free to walk up and down the Boards in your string bikini as much as you like. A guy can dream can't he?

Comment

Definitely. I'll trade the good for the bad any day.
                      Ken

Comment

OK, on that note, I'll make an exception for young, tan six-pack-for-abs guys. They are encouraged to go shirtless.

Comment

Originally posted by lifezabeach

OK, on that note, I'll make an exception for young, tan six-pack-for-abs guys. They are encouraged to go shirtless.

Not the shirtless 50ish, beer bellied, hairy front and back guy though. lol
                          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

don't spit on the boardwalk, good god man.. People do walk there barefoot, and while you probably shouldn't, for reasons already mentioned, people do walk barefoot. Heck after standing in the same spot for 8 hours I even sometimes take off my shoes on the boardwalk (I have my own spot though, and am usually pretty well aware of what has hit the ground in my general proximity). Don't feed the stupid birds, I'm gonna gross you out now...The next time you go by Thrashers, any location...look at the ground immediately around Thrashers...then...if it's the nothern locations, look at the sea wall opposite Thrashers.. They should have to pay to clean that up...seriously.... heck, I'm in favor for them scrubbing the whole boardwalk..!!! haha
                            Bobby Balloonz
                            Ocean City's Fastest Balloon Artist

Comment

After walking the boards a bit last night I have one to add that I don't think was mentioned...as much as I thought the fad and look was ridiculous and it seems to be dying off (thankfully)...for the last few guys trying to still look "cool" (which you don't)...PULL UP YOUR STINKING PANTS!!!

Comment

Could we get rid of the bubble girls that stand out front of the t-shirt/souvenir stores and blow bubbles right into the faces of people on the boardwalk? That and people stopping right dead in front of me seems to urk me. Oh yeah, I'd also like to destroy the Polish Ice revolving message that you can hear from 2 blocks away. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X