Boardwalk Etiquette

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boardwalk Etiquette

The beach Etiquette got me thinking about a boardwalk thread. When riding a bike SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!. It's a boardwalk, you are not trying to win a stage at the Tour De France. Watch where you are riding. I'm tired of people riding into me/damn near riding into me or my wheelchair. What are some others people have?
    common sense is not so common

Re: Boardwalk Etiquette

The Boardwalk is like a highway: stay left or right depending on what direction you are going. Strollers should always stay out of the middle .

Comment

Please use the manners your parents taught you. If you bump into someone, say excuse me. Don't cut in line. Say please and thank you when someone waits on you at a restaurant/food/souvenier stand. Just be NICE!!!!!

Comment

Treat people with the same respect you want to be treated with.

Comment

Exactly! The Golden Rule! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by stahli

Please use the manners your parents taught you. If you bump into someone, say excuse me. Don't cut in line. Say please and thank you when someone waits on you at a restaurant/food/souvenier stand. Just be NICE!!!!!
            "Until it's time to NOT be nice." Dalton

Comment

Please don't just stop where you're walking to talk to people! Move off to the side and out of the main stream. I don't want to run into the back of you if I'm distracted looking at something on the beach or in a store and I don't want to have to walk around you.

And PLEASE don't feed the seagulls on the boards, or right next to it. I've been pooped on more than once by inconsiderate bird feeders.
              Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Sorry. double post.
                Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Z: I think you mean "inconsiderate birds," not birdfeeders. If the birdfeeders are pooping on you then you have a much bigger issue. I love levity on a boring day.

Comment

ROFL! Good point Hap. Yes, those inconsiderate birds. How dare they poop on me? I think I'd like being pooped on by the bird feeders even less! EW! But seriously, I enjoy feeding the gulls myself, but I do it late in the evening and I find a very unoccupied area of beach to do it and never anywhere near the boardwalk. Never off a balcony either. And I don't throw the food up in the air to make them fly. I put it on the sand. But when you buy a tub of popcorn or french fries and then stand there next to the boardwalk and feed the birds, they come in droves and get so excited that they poop themselves. Am I wrong? So anyhow, that's a pet peeve of mine.

Next?
                    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

I definitely agree with don't feed birds on the boardwalk or off balcony's its awful when they swarm & poop everywhere...LOL Also put trash in the trashcans not just on the boards )

Comment

Big group gatherings in the middle of the boardwalk is annoying. No problems with groups, just move it to the side.

Also, please don't throw your burning cigarette butts on the boardwalk. Lot's of people walk on the boardwalk with bare feet and aren't necessarily looking out for burning cigarette butts where they are stepping. Believe me, stepping on a burning cigarette with your bare feet is no fun. I for one am always looking out for them now, where ever I step.

Comment

Oh, dctech, you just touched on another of my "pet peeves". Walking barefoot on the boardwalk. It's just disgusting! Birds poop there. People spit there. People vomit there. Horses poop there. Dog's have pooped there. And in a lot of places the wood is jutting up and will cut feet to shreds. But even worse than walking on the boards in bare feet are the ones who go into the public restrooms in their bare feet. That just really grosses me out.
                          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Speaking of smokers- has anyone noticed the burnt grass while traveling east on route 50? Theres a bunch of burnt grass on the side of the rode in different sections where people have thrown a cigarette out their window and it ignited the dry grass. Real smart as we go through a drought....

Comment

Speaking of cigarettes, watch them. There are tons of small children. Years ago, my daughter was burned in the arm by a careless smoker walking with her cigarette hanging out. She wasn't even sorry, daughter screams out from the burn on her arm, the old hag just looks at her and tells her she should watch where she is going.

Comment

Working...
                              X