• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Irene Pictures

www.delmarvanow.com

Comment

• Re: Irene

Originally posted by hapnstance

On my way up right now. Myu neighbors said it was no big deal. Glad to hear it.

But OC got more than 3 inches of rain.... so just let us know when the show will begin. (and which cam to be watching)

Comment

I must say...I was nervous. Went down Thursday night to pack the outdoor furniture and grills into the shed and to grab some cherished belongings. The place was a ghostown and the police at the entrance to the city were a disturbing sight. But, it really looks like we were spared. My neighbor reported that my house looked fine. I will have to get down soon to unload the car-full of stuff I have in my trunk and backseat. I think we got it worse up here in the Phila. area. Electricity was out until last night, and many people still don't have it.

Comment

Mont............I think OC was more safe then many of the places BIG brother told us to evacuate to. I understand Katrina politicized any future hurricane and Govt is under more pressure to "keep the people safe" after what happened in New Orleans. When the fire truck rolled through the neighborhood with a loudspeaker me and my friends all thought wow they aren't messing around.

"If you can hear this you are strongly urged to leave."

I must admit the government in both states did a great job of scaring the &%#$ out of everyone. Residents in OC that stayed were asked next of kin info. I also heard from others of body bags being delivered to area Fire Depts and EMS personel told my brother (making small talk at local convience store) that if he was staying to keep his ID inside his shoe. I got 3 calls from Sussex County telling me to get out too, still have 2 voicemails from them.

My neighbor is a lifeguard in OC and said he was out assisting OCPD knocking on doors enforcing the evacuation efforts, came over asked if my brother and I were going to stay. Told him we were and he was relieved because he wanted to stay too but wasn't sure if he would be the only one. (I think there were 5 units in ~300 unit community that stayed)

Was all that necessary? I knew the risks and 3 story TH wasn't concerned if it started flooding. I had a generator, full fridge of food & drink, my brother and 2 friends all hanging out to ride it out. Unless the roof blew off I felt safe and not in anymore danger then if I chose to evacutate 5 or 30 miles away.

Originally posted by Luv2BeInOC

I am thankful that we were able to escape Irene without too much damage. I always try to find the positive in things. On that note, check out this video that shows a positive of Irene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNPXEgjLyvs&feature=player_profilepage[/video]]
          Nice surf video, thanks for sharing.

I have some videos of the beach and a bunch of pics to upload. The waves were absolutely perfect Sunday afternoon, I was up north of Fenwick metal detecting and took a few short videos of the waves. I should download them and maybe put together a video.

Comment

Once again the ole lip wedge has failed me. Maybe we should make this a charitable run (or in my case, fast paced waddle). Get donations for how many blocks I can waddle in a mankini and donate it to the firemen or something. Drawback: I'm not sure how many people would actually pay to see me in a mankini. Maybe a mankini and baby oil!!??

Comment

Once again the ole lip wedge has failed me. Maybe we should make this a charitable run (or in my case, fast paced waddle). Get donations for how many blocks I can waddle in a mankini and donate it to the firemen or something. Drawback: I'm not sure how many people would actually pay to see me in a mankini. Maybe a mankini and baby oil!!??

The only thing that would make this better is to have WMDT and/or WBOC film the run/fast paced waddle.
              common sense is not so common

Comment

Here's a little video I put together, I need to change that song out though

Weird seeing Ocean City EMPTY, EMPTY in late August. Glad the town filled back up quick though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3lrA5whr6M&feature=channel_video_title[/video]]

Comment

Hap, I will donate for the 1st Annual Fast Paced Waddle. I'm not kidding! (and if it will be filmed, I vote for more clothes...) OC fireman or animal shelter - just let me know where to send the check.

Comment

If we can get some hype for this going I would be more than happy to humiliate myself for a good cause!!

Comment

I am so glad everything turned out okay. I was watching the weather channel religiously throughout this whole thing. I couldn't get on the forum because my laptop was being repaired due to some spilled coffee. Thank goodness OC was spared and everyone is fine. And great posts everyone.

Comment

sears furniture canada lighting eclamptic iomega coupons nitroprusside herbage Buy Provigil Contravention Bulimia

Comment

Working...
                        X