Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free things to do in O.C.

~ The Shipwreck Museum! http://www.discoversea.com/index.html

This is my favorite suggestion, especially for a rainy day at the beach.

IT's FREE!!!!!! When someone told me about this place I thought it would be some rinky dink place, but it is a REAL museum. It has some great stuff. Not only interesting for the kids, but also for the adults.

It's in Fenwick, just look for Sea Shell City. The museum is upstairs. Don't let the tourist shop scare you away! Go upstairs. You won't be sorry.

Re: Free things to do in O.C.

The lighthouse in Fenwick is also free to tour. I encourage everyone to leave a donation though. My wife and I toured it for the first time in May and it was great. The two volunteers that were there were top notch and knowledgable about the lighthouse and local lore.

Comment

The museum is a true hidden gem. If Dale is giving a small tour he provides you with background and history on many of those itmes he has found. (on display is a fraction of what he has found) There are some cool items not on display too that he will break out on occasion. Dale is a first class professional treasure hunter and extremely knowledgable about the history and background of each item.

Comment

Here's a list of all kinds of fun free things to do in OC.

http://www.oceancity.com/content/blog/fun-free-family-activities-ocean-city
        Ask an OC Insider

Comment

We've gone to the Sundaes in the park a couple of times. Northside Park is a very nice park the music is always good. That part is free the sundaes are not but they are very reasonable. We'll be going again this year.

Comment

Don't forget the free movies on the beach. 27th St, The Carousel Hotel, and the Princess Royale all have them on different days of the week.
            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

We always try to make it to Sundaes in the park (too bad the sundaes aren't really free) but its a nice kickoff to the week. Its reasonably priced, good music, and lots of play area for the kids. We missed the movie night on the beach last year...but that is fun. We also enjoy the bonfire on the beach. If you can, take a kite with you and fly one on the beach at dusk...

Comment

Working...
              X