If you Could Bring Back One Business...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. OC View Post
    I remember Granny's when I was younger...best meatball subs around as I recall...
    I used to make those meatball subs. They were awesome. 1/3 of a loaf of Italian bread, three huge meatballs and sauce. Granny's was a fun pub. Was sad to see it go.

Comment

• The original Edwards & Shanty Town. Too many Sunsations now.

Comment

• Hall's

Hall's all u can eat seafood " back in the day" it was good (quality, selection, value).

Comment

• It's such a shame that Shanty Town is gone. It wasn't anything big or fancy, but it had its charm and we always made a point of going there and shopping there. I hate seeing all of the condos and townhouses now.
          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

• With a couple exceptions, I've been staying in West OC since 1993. So, we used to pass Shantytown a few times daily during beach trips. It was always more pleasing to the eye than the houses that are there now.

Also, am I the first person to add this business to this thread? Forgive me if its a little too soon.....

Pepper's Tavern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
              It's such a shame that Shanty Town is gone. It wasn't anything big or fancy, but it had its charm and we always made a point of going there and shopping there. I hate seeing all of the condos and townhouses now.
              I definitely agree. Shantytown was awesome in its prime. All those million dollars home turn my stomach every time we cross the bridge. It's just a reminder that the small town, family resort it used to be is giving way to developers and big money.

Comment

• Shantytown's head boat had the closest access to the ocean.....the bars had the fastest access to the thirsty vacationer's first libation (very important)

Comment

• There are too many classic's to mention - here are a few starting with -- The Saute Café, The Stumblin Inn, The Dutch Bar, The Electric Circus, The Wild Goose Chase, The Quarterdeck...

Comment

• Originally posted by Islamorada Owl View Post
                    There are too many classic's to mention - here are a few starting with -- The Saute Café, The Stumblin Inn, The Dutch Bar, The Electric Circus, The Wild Goose Chase, The Quarterdeck...
                    Ah, The Dutch Bar - the first Boardwalk bar I ever went to.

Comment

• The Stumblin Inn is now Harborside. The inside bar area with pool tables is actually what the Stumblin Inn used to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowagony View Post
                        The Stumblin Inn is now Harborside. The inside bar area with pool tables is actually what the Stumblin Inn used to be.
                        Only the location is the same -Sudsy is long gone along with the regular crowd. Kinda like saying that Saute Café is now McDonalds on 123rd St just because it occupies the same corner lot .

Comment

• I think this was mentioned, maybe even by me but I'm not going back 17 pages to look for it.
                          I would love to see Ocean Playland Amusement Park return. Had lots of good memories of that place when I was a youngster.
                          Of course many of the haunted house props are still housed at the Trimpers Haunted House on the Boardwalk.

Comment

• Cadillac Jacks!

Comment

• Dr. Unks in West Ocean. Best peel and eat shrimp and the coldest draft beer.

Comment

• Tubby's as a great night place

Comment

Working...
                                X