No announcement yet.

If you Could Bring Back One Business...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you Could Bring Back One Business...

On the original Josh's / Fractured Prune store: I remember my brother commenting that he had seen all the colors of Mad Dog (MD), but never all in one place, that is until we saw them at the original Prune!

Another place I'd bring back is the 64th Street Slide and Ride. I rode it as a kid and my kids did too!

Comment

Island Cafe and the original Fenwick Inn and Jordans rooftop.

Comment

Shuckers (restaurant back in the 70')

Cadillac Jacks.

Windows on the Bay.

Marlin Moon Grille.

Lombardi's (boarwalk location)

Like to have the Hobbit & Captain's Table back in their original incarnations.

Comment

Biggies sub shop in the shopping plaza across from the Spinnaker motel on 18 th street. They had a good variety and the food was good and fresh. The place itself has changed hands a few times and last year was empty and for sale.

Comment

Back of the Rack - can't remember where it was. I do remember nickel beer nights and seeing great bands.

Comment

nickel beer nights? When was this?
              common sense is not so common

Comment

Would have been early 80's. You paid $5 for a your own cup and drafts after that were 5 cents. Only 1 beer on tap. Some nights it was Genny 12 horse. Always went to see Great Train Robbery.

Comment

Captain Adams

Comment

The original Captain's Table before it was knocked down and remodled. It had a more homey feel.

Comment

Playland

64th Street Slide and Ride

The original Hobbit

Libby's in Fenwick

Granny's Goldrush and Terrapin Station

Comment

The Pro-Trac go-karts on 51st St. It was the only covered go-kart track in OC, so you could still ride go-karts even when it was raining. Also, it used to be a hoot to get a little tuned-up over at Seacrets and then head over to the go-karts for a little intoxicated fun..."NO BUMPING!"...yeah right. You can still see the concrete oval in the northeast corner of Seacrets parking lot.

Comment

I'll pick three

1). The old Ocean Playland Amusement park

2). Shanty Town (In it's glory days, not the way it was right before being bull dozed)

3). The Morbid Manner. Never had the nerve to go through it when I was a kid.

Comment

Cadillac Jacks had a very cool DJ.....the Waxman if I remember right,always stood in the larger than life jukebox.

Comment

Was Allen's Deli in the 116th st plaza.....if it was, the little guy than ran it lived at the Carousel and used valet parkers. We made ourselves scarce when he rolled in driving his hooptie...delly smelly! 1980

Comment

I miss Paradise Cove Mini Golf (they used to have three locations).

The Alaska Stand around 50th St and Bayside. It used to be a big yellow building.

Book World. It was a used book shop on the Boardwalk right next to Love's Lemonade.

The Wax Museum. I will admit that Ripley's have become one of my favorite Boardwalk destinations, but I'll never forget the disappointment that I felt when I wanted to go to the Wax Museum in the summer of 1996, but Q-Zar was there instead. I did go to the Wax Museum one time in 1993.

I kinda miss OC Baseball Cards on Talbot St. I used to go there a lot when I was a kid and collecting baseball cards.

Comment

Working...
                                X