No announcement yet.

If you Could Bring Back One Business...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you Could Bring Back One Business...

Lazer Tag on the Boardwalk

Weiner Man on 2nd St. Bay Side

Comment

Lazer Tag on the Boardwalk

Weiner Man on 2nd St. Bay Side

Comment

Like a lot of people, I miss Shanty Town. We would go one evening every year. I remember one year my brother spent his vacation money on these horrible little pewter creatures at one of the shops there. As a kid, I remember it being a nice place to spend an evening.

I also miss 45th Street at its glory. I remember the nautical shop. Stopping at 45th Street used to be part of the shopping rounds my Mom and I would make.

Comment

anyone remember Spinners karoke club.....cool cool place.

Comment

The Garden Restaurant that was in the 45th Street shopping center. Really good food.

Comment

I miss the "Mr. Swirlee" ice cream trucks too. They used to be the only ice cream trucks in town and had real soft serve ice cream. Then the Good Humor trucks came and took over.

I wish they would bring back that clown in the dunk booth on the pier as well. I can't remember his name, but he was good at pissing off guys and provoking them into paying a fortune just to dunk him.

Comment

The Sea Ranch, where Bahama Mamas is near 132nd now is, had great breakfasts. They closed about 10 years ago, maybe more.

Comment

I forgot a few.....

65th St Slide and Ride - I had a lot of good memories riding the slides as a kid.

The Dutch Bar - I have since found bars I like better, but the original Dutch Bar was where I had my first ever beer on the Boardwalk when I was 21.

Bull on the Beach - I miss the old 3rd St and Boardwalk location the way it existed until about 1999 or so. It was much roomier.

Comment

Morbid Manor or something like it...Something that might be a little scary.

Comment

from when i was little boy it would be:

1) the indian and space old pro courses around 64th st.

2) the batting cages and bumper boats around the same area

from living down there in college:

1) worcester brewing company --- they had $1 nattie boh's on mondays and a great crowd.

2) there was another bar just off the boardwalk around 12th st or so , that used to have good bands and good beer specials --- this was around 1995. can't remember the name.

Comment

There was a snow cone place near 35th Street. I don't remember the name. It was only there a few years, but they had the best snow cones. We stay at the Barefoot Mailman near there and would go over almost every night we were in town for snow cones.

Comment

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Cowboyz!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hall

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Cowboyz!
                            I remember reading something about that place years ago... wasn't that a movie studio?

Comment

Oh my...I just rememberred two more...The Hurricane Club on 68th St. and both reincarnations of Scandals on 66-ish St. (where municipal building is currently located) and 45th St. ...the internet needs a sarcasm font...I'm just kidding with this...those places were horrible!

Comment

Originally posted by fidobuster

from when i was little boy it would be:

1) the indian and space old pro courses around 64th st.

2) the batting cages and bumper boats around the same area

from living down there in college:

1) worcester brewing company --- they had $1 nattie boh's on mondays and a great crowd.

2) there was another bar just off the boardwalk around 12th st or so , that used to have good bands and good beer specials --- this was around 1995. can't remember the name.
                                I always forget about the Indian and Space themed Old Pro. I think they converted a space man into a diver for the Deep Sea themed course.

Comment

Working...
                                X