Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many miles away from Ocean City do you live?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 300 miles, 5 hours.

Comment

230 miles & almost 4 hours

Comment

375 miles...not sure on how much time it would actually take if we drove straight through.

We stop and spend the night in NJ on the way down. It's less stressful for me that day since I'm not a morning person. Packing the car in the morning and then doing the drive and then unpacking is not how I want to start my vacation. I'd rather spread that first day out.

On our way home, we do the drive in one shot, but are never in a hurry. We could probably make it in 6.5 hours if we tried and took the most direct route. Since I hate the Garden State, I detour around it.

Comment

Originally posted by brookie848 View Post
          375 miles...not sure on how much time it would actually take if we drove straight through.

We stop and spend the night in NJ on the way down. It's less stressful for me that day since I'm not a morning person. Packing the car in the morning and then doing the drive and then unpacking is not how I want to start my vacation. I'd rather spread that first day out.

On our way home, we do the drive in one shot, but are never in a hurry. We could probably make it in 6.5 hours if we tried and took the most direct route. Since I hate the Garden State, I detour around it.
          That seems a lot less stressful to do it that way! My fiance and I don't have any kids so it's just unpacking all of my stuff lol. Andrew has about 2 bags and I end up packing the house no matter how hard I try to bring less

Comment

131 miles just under 3 hours depending on traffic. If traffic is bad longer but worth the time for the end results.

Comment

419 Miles

It takes me about 50 weeks to get there from the time I leave OC each year! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by pghDave View Post
                419 Miles

It takes me about 50 weeks to get there from the time I leave OC each year! :-)
                It seems like forever inbetween trips!

Comment

No kids for us, but we rent a condo, so that requires all the linens and food. Plus, the parents are getting older, so we don't want them to do too much hauling and unpacking. This year my brother, his wife and their 1-year-old will be going as well. I'm glad I don't have their drive (from Washington, PA) -- any drive with a 1-year-old is probably too long!

Comment

502 miles from Cleveland, 9 hours when If I drive straight thru. Going down I always look for minor league baseball games in Frederick or Hagerstown and spend the night. This year changing up a little by stopping in Reading PA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper View Post
                      502 miles from Cleveland, 9 hours when If I drive straight thru. Going down I always look for minor league baseball games in Frederick or Hagerstown and spend the night. This year changing up a little by stopping in Reading PA.
                      Whatwill you be seeing in Reading? Reading is about an hour from where I'm out so we don't get out that way much.

Comment

OCLove, going to see the Reading Fightin Phils take on the Akron Aeros (Indians affiliate)

Comment

Awesome! That'll be a lot of fun

Comment

About 20 minutes north of Reading we have the Phillies AAA Iron Pigs here so don't get down to Reading for Games.

Comment

About 300 something miles. 5.5 hours.

Comment

According to map quest it is 404.36 miles from our driveway to the Langford hotel and we make it down in just about 6 & 1/2

Comment

Working...
                                X