September?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September?

This will be the first year coming to ocean city in September. We have gone many of times in June and once or twice in August. What is ocean city like the first weekend in September?(not labor day) Weather? Swimming in the ocean? Crowd? etc? THANKS! We are going to be camping at Assateague State park

This is a great time to come. Generally the beach and water are still warm, but not crowded. The guards are still on duty too! I think September is better beach weather than June because the air temps are about the same, but he water is warmer.

Comment

It is best time to be at the beach!!!! We own in OC and Bethany. Sept and Oct and May have always been our favorite months. Go for it!

Comment

I've camped at Assateague in September and also have stayed in hotels in OC. I would highly recommend a September vacation. I've camped numerous times around 9/20 and the weather is great, the ocean is still warm enough for swimming. Most everything is opened on the Boardwalk, especially on weekends. Sunfest is also a good time to be in the area. I hope you enjoy your vacation, hoping I can make it this year in September.

Comment

You're liable to find the rides closed during the week, but reopen on the weekends. They normally close Labor Day. But pretty much everything else will be open. And there may be a few less lifeguards, so be sure to swim where they are.
          As for the weather.............ideal. It's still plenty warm, the water is really nice and warm then, and the evenings all you'll need is a light jacket.
          But I won't beat around the bush..........late August and September are PRIME hurricane months, so pay close attention to the weather before you go. I've been there twice when the whole town was evacuated and drove home in a hurricane because they evacuated too late. Terrifying. But on the other hand, the first time I got evacuated, I drove the whole way home and it didn't even rain there!! So we drove back. lol Just be careful and prepared and aware.
          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

And boardwalk bike regs are pulled.

Comment

As the others have mentioned it is great. Prior to owning a place in OC, we'd go the week after labor day. Rental rates are offseason after labor day the water is nice and warm, everything is still open and it is far less crowded.
              The last two years we actually gone swimming as late as the first week of October.

Comment

My parents go down every year in May, August and September. Their favorite time is September. My wife, kids and I plan to join them for a weekend this September. Can't wait!!

Comment

Thanks everyone!!!

Comment

I've been down there the weekend after Labor Day that last five summers. It's a great time since it's a little less crowded, and everything is still open.

However, the weekend after that is Delmarva Bike Week, and a lot of the bikers have started to make a whole week's vacation out of it and go down the weekend after Labor Day. So, as soon as you don't mind a little extra noise on the roads, you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X