Ocean City soundtracks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WalkingInTheSand View Post
    I do remember the Swing songs from the late 90s. My girlfriend at the time wanted me to take swing dance lessons, as that was all the rage. I said no. I do not regret my decision.

Two other songs came to mind from the very early 90s. In July of 1991, we had a very tiny British invasion with both "Unbelievable" by EMF and "Right Here, Right Now" by Jesus Jones. You don't hear those two songs on the radio much anymore, but you couldn't get away from those songs that summer.
    I definitely remember both of those songs being big in the summer of 1991. Funny, I just heard the Jesus Jones song recently. I think I was at a grocery store.

For some reason, I always think of OC when I hear the Joe Jackson song "Steppin Out." I must've heard it down there in the mid 80s when I was a kid.

Comment

Soundtracks

I remember EMF and Jesus Jones..they were always on MTV..when they actually played music. I also remember DMX-"It's all good" being played often and Summer Girls by LFO...the I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch song. Ugh..most of this music is not at all what I would listen to now. 2-3 years ago we saw a Rod Stewart impersonator on the boardwalk performing. So now many of his songs also remind me of the beach. Great thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hall View Post
        You youngsters with your Mad Dog. We were doing that in the early 90's
        When we went down in the late summer of the year I graduated (94), the song Possum Kingdom from The Toadies was big. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden, The Sign by Ace of Base, Shoop by Salt n Pepa & Loser by Beck are others that remind me of being down there. And Casey Kasem
        Black Hole Sun..good song, weird video. lol The Sign I think won the award for the most over played song EVER. You could not escape it. In addition to Mad Dog 20/20, Zima was a favorite...of course with a Jolly Rancher soaking in it.

Comment

Originally posted by seagirl View Post
          Black Hole Sun..good song, weird video. lol The Sign I think won the award for the most over played song EVER. You could not escape it. In addition to Mad Dog 20/20, Zima was a favorite...of course with a Jolly Rancher soaking in it.
          Bud Ice was our drink of choice when not drinking Mad Dog.

Comment

Working...
          X