Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now they're proposing moving them back 5 miles to reduce visibility:

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/04/...ibility-by-35/

That's still not going to help much if you are on the 6th floor or higher in the condo that you've worked hard to pay for.

I still think this whole project is a waste of money, probably a leftover from Governor "Owe-Malley". Also didn't think about the shipping lanes, etc. that the previous poster mentioned.

Have to agree with what someone else said, whenever I see these things, the blades are not moving or just barely.

Comment

I wonder why they can't move this project further south?

Comment

It would then negate the primary objective being PR.
        Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hall View Post
          I wonder why they can't move this project further south?
          Perhaps they could push them out into the Atlantic Naval Range where the turbines could serve a purpose as targets?

Comment

Originally posted by pghDave View Post
            Perhaps they could push them out into the Atlantic Naval Range where the turbines could serve a purpose as targets?
            ROFL!! That's funny!
            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Wind power is important

Originally posted by Jozo View Post
              Do you own property or operate a business in OC?
              I do own property in OC, right on the ocean. We love our view, and are all for limiting visual barriers.
              But like some of the others here, I totally get the value of wind power, and don't want to be one of the people fighting the needed movement in that direction.
              Despite some of the anecdotes here, wind power is growing as a source of energy in the US, now generating over 5% of our power. Concentrated in a small number of states, but big in (surprise) places like Texas and Iowa.
              We all no doubt want to protect the quality of life here and our property values. But we are all citizens of the US and the world, so the value of moving to a non carbon future is worth a bit of change in what we're used to, in my view.
              Appreciate all the comments.

Comment

PSC hastily approves these waste of money eyesores..........hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Pretty good letter in today's Dispatch explining why they don't work and this will be a huge mistake if it materializes:

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/05/...s-may-12-2017/

Comment

Working...
                X