Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Line edition of Newspapers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • On Line edition of Newspapers

    HMMM i tried to read the "on line" editoin of Md Dispatch.. and looks like it is no longer free? WOW...that stinks. since it is a free paper.

  • #2
    Originally posted by ocmommom View Post
    HMMM i tried to read the "on line" editoin of Md Dispatch.. and looks like it is no longer free? WOW...that stinks. since it is a free paper.
    I just tried and didn't see anything that prohibited me from online viewing. https://mdcoastdispatch.com/


    A lot of online publications like the Baltimore Sun or Delmarva Now, give you so many views, usually 10, then you no longer have access. You can remedy this by clearing your browser history.. Then you can view for free again.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jozo View Post
      I just tried and didn't see anything that prohibited me from online viewing. https://mdcoastdispatch.com/


      A lot of online publications like the Baltimore Sun or Delmarva Now, give you so many views, usually 10, then you no longer have access. You can remedy this by clearing your browser history.. Then you can view for free again.
      ok,,, went thru your link and got it...hmmmmm

      Comment


      • #4
        I would doubt (hope against) them ever charging for their online E-dition. I subscribe for mail delivery of the the Dispatch but since the USPS treats newspaper delivery at a very slow priority, I end up reading the the online edition first many times. That said, I still love sitting on the deck with a physical Dispatch in my hands. It's almost (ok, far from almost) like being in OC. ;-)

        Sometimes if you access a site in an indirect way some service tries to insert itself (and charge a fee) into the transaction. Or if you get yourself into one of the periodical archive services they try to charge too. Perhaps that's what happened on your initial attempts.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pghDave View Post
          I would doubt (hope against) them ever charging for their online E-dition. I subscribe for mail delivery of the the Dispatch but since the USPS treats newspaper delivery at a very slow priority, I end up reading the the online edition first many times. That said, I still love sitting on the deck with a physical Dispatch in my hands. It's almost (ok, far from almost) like being in OC. ;-)

          Sometimes if you access a site in an indirect way some service tries to insert itself (and charge a fee) into the transaction. Or if you get yourself into one of the periodical archive services they try to charge too. Perhaps that's what happened on your initial attempts.
          Nothing like picking up a new Dispatch on Friday and reading it on the beach. Other free papers, Coconut Times, etc. are good too. Gotta do the crossword puzzles

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jozo View Post
            Nothing like picking up a new Dispatch on Friday and reading it on the beach. Other free papers, Coconut Times, etc. are good too. Gotta do the crossword puzzles
            Absolutely! Part of the arriving ritual is picking up all the current free papers. The Wine Rack usually has a great selection. I pick up more during the weeks wherever we go. I never get through them all while at the beach so have lots left to read upon returning home.

            Comment

            Working...
            X