Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bike Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Kds53098 View Post
    September is my favorite time to go to Ocean City. But, the bad thing is that its right in the middle of hurricane season.
    Definitely: It's really a crap shoot for those that don't own and take a chance renting for a few days, knowing that the time they're paying for could be a washout. Guess you could always grab some last-minute bargains if the weather looks good, but it sure is nice having a place here so you don't have to make that call.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Kds53098 View Post
      September is my favorite time to go to Ocean City. But, the bad thing is that its right in the middle of hurricane season.
      Hurricane/Tropical storm will hit during Endless Summer Cruisin' this year and it will be my fault. Here's the rationale. Last October 2016 we had vacation lined up to drive down to Orlando, FL with the 5th Wheel Camper and camp at Walt Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground. Hurricane came through and they had to evacuate the campground because of it during the time of our reservations. Figuring that's how it would play out, we cancelled the trip as the storm was heading to the coast.

      We decided we were going to try to salvage vacation somewhere else since we didn't get to use the camper yet for the year. So, we made reservations for Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN for the last week of November 2016. My parents were there for the previous week and they cut their stay short because of the wildfires. They called and said to not bother coming down just in case. Nobody expected the towns would get decimated by fire a day or two later. So, that's 2 camping vacations scratched due to "natural disasters". We haven't had a chance to go camping yet so, we made reservations to camp at Frontier Town for Endless Summer Cruisin'. I hope my bad luck camping disaster streak won't be in play this time.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Bob Hall View Post
        Hurricane/Tropical storm will hit during Endless Summer Cruisin' this year and it will be my fault. Here's the rationale. Last October 2016 we had vacation lined up to drive down to Orlando, FL with the 5th Wheel Camper and camp at Walt Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground. Hurricane came through and they had to evacuate the campground because of it during the time of our reservations. Figuring that's how it would play out, we cancelled the trip as the storm was heading to the coast.

        We decided we were going to try to salvage vacation somewhere else since we didn't get to use the camper yet for the year. So, we made reservations for Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN for the last week of November 2016. My parents were there for the previous week and they cut their stay short because of the wildfires. They called and said to not bother coming down just in case. Nobody expected the towns would get decimated by fire a day or two later. So, that's 2 camping vacations scratched due to "natural disasters". We haven't had a chance to go camping yet so, we made reservations to camp at Frontier Town for Endless Summer Cruisin'. I hope my bad luck camping disaster streak won't be in play this time.
        Bob: that really sucks and is Murphy's Law to the extreme. Can you post your dates to OC for us, so we can all plan around them?

        Hope your next excursion has great weather. Not much to do in the rain but drink and play Monopoly.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Bob Hall View Post
          Hurricane/Tropical storm will hit during Endless Summer Cruisin' this year and it will be my fault. Here's the rationale. Last October 2016 we had vacation lined up to drive down to Orlando, FL with the 5th Wheel Camper and camp at Walt Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground. Hurricane came through and they had to evacuate the campground because of it during the time of our reservations. Figuring that's how it would play out, we cancelled the trip as the storm was heading to the coast.

          We decided we were going to try to salvage vacation somewhere else since we didn't get to use the camper yet for the year. So, we made reservations for Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN for the last week of November 2016. My parents were there for the previous week and they cut their stay short because of the wildfires. They called and said to not bother coming down just in case. Nobody expected the towns would get decimated by fire a day or two later. So, that's 2 camping vacations scratched due to "natural disasters". We haven't had a chance to go camping yet so, we made reservations to camp at Frontier Town for Endless Summer Cruisin'. I hope my bad luck camping disaster streak won't be in play this time.
          Do you mind making reservations during the H2Oi?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by SlowRider View Post
            I've been riding a motorcycle for many years, own a condo at the Pyramid, and even I can't stand the noise!!! I rode a rented bike with loud pies twice, and I thought I would go nuts. I went to a couple of Bike Weeks, and I may come down to this one just to see if Indian Motorcycles is offering anything special, but I usually avoid it too LOL. And I have to agree - 99% of us are nice and courteous!

            PS: Please be careful when making your left turns - it's hard to judge the speed at which that bike is approaching. Waiting just a few seconds might avoid a tragic accident.
            Hey Pete. My local dealer, Twigg in Hagerstown, is having an Indian Open House on Sept 9.
            Ken

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by terp84alum View Post
              Hey Pete. My local dealer, Twigg in Hagerstown, is having an Indian Open House on Sept 9.
              Hey Ken,
              Thanks for letting me know. They're my dealer too - unfortunately I already have two commitments on the 9th. I'll let the other two Indian owners in my club know. They'll be looking for a place to ride.

              Thanks again!
              Regards,
              Pete, Gaithersburg & Ocean City

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by SlowRider View Post
                I've been riding a motorcycle for many years, own a condo at the Pyramid, and even I can't stand the noise!!! I rode a rented bike with loud pies twice, and I thought I would go nuts. I went to a couple of Bike Weeks, and I may come down to this one just to see if Indian Motorcycles is offering anything special, but I usually avoid it too LOL. And I have to agree - 99% of us are nice and courteous!

                PS: Please be careful when making your left turns - it's hard to judge the speed at which that bike is approaching. Waiting just a few seconds might avoid a tragic accident.
                Pete: Thanks for being one of the rare quiet bikers! Just met another one at our annual block party. Guy just moved in a few years ago and was talking to us about his Harley. I never knew there was one in the neighborhood, and also thanked him for not waking the dead in our nice quiet development.

                Figured out a way to get to OC with Mom on Sunday the 17th, so we'll avoid the bikes. Was also thinking about Irma, should be gone by then if it heads up the coast, but you never know.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Jozo View Post
                  Figured out a way to get to OC with Mom on Sunday the 17th, so we'll avoid the bikes. Was also thinking about Irma, should be gone by then if it heads up the coast, but you never know.
                  Yep, both the bikers and Irma will be gone. But FEAR THE SUNFESTERS! They'll be arriving mid week. Pretty rowdy crowd!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Jozo View Post
                    Pete: Thanks for being one of the rare quiet bikers! Just met another one at our annual block party. Guy just moved in a few years ago and was talking to us about his Harley. I never knew there was one in the neighborhood, and also thanked him for not waking the dead in our nice quiet development.

                    Figured out a way to get to OC with Mom on Sunday the 17th, so we'll avoid the bikes. Was also thinking about Irma, should be gone by then if it heads up the coast, but you never know.
                    You're welcome Jozo! I'm interested in what those loud-pipe guys will be doing in the future when combustion engines are a thing of the past. It's not that far off. Harley already makes an all electric bike. Can you imagine a "silent Bike Week"??
                    We're watching out for Irma as well.
                    Regards,
                    Pete, Gaithersburg & Ocean City

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by SlowRider View Post
                      You're welcome Jozo! I'm interested in what those loud-pipe guys will be doing in the future when combustion engines are a thing of the past. It's not that far off. Harley already makes an all electric bike. Can you imagine a "silent Bike Week"??
                      We're watching out for Irma as well.
                      Unfortunately, I don't see any end to the bike noise; they'll always figure a way out to make noise, even if it's putting playing cards in the wheel spokes like we did when we were 7 years old.

                      Still no clue on Irma's path when she makes landfall. I hear Hogan is sending in the National Guard...........................not for Irma, but for the Sunfesters! (that was for you pghDave!)

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by pghDave View Post
                        Yep, both the bikers and Irma will be gone. But FEAR THE SUNFESTERS! They'll be arriving mid week. Pretty rowdy crowd!
                        So true! Those ladies (I use the term loosely) will push & shove you to death to get to those crafts! And I'm not kiddin' one bit. When SunFest started we went to them every fall, loved them for about 5 years. Then it started to get too big, there were just too many people. In the beginning the food booths were from local service clubs, churches & other local organizations. The food was really good; the Lions Club sold the best oyster sandwiches. Now the food is all from commercial type vendors & isn't nearly as good as it was, & it's much more expensive.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I'd be a little afraid of the rowdy crowd that Christopher Cross is going to bring.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Jozo View Post
                            Bob: that really sucks and is Murphy's Law to the extreme. Can you post your dates to OC for us, so we can all plan around them?

                            Hope your next excursion has great weather. Not much to do in the rain but drink and play Monopoly.
                            I'll be there Oct. 5-8, maybe the 9th, for Endless Summer Cruisin'. As for Murphy's Law, he just made another visit. We have the 2017 Challenger registered for the show. My wife just damaged it yesterday. If I can't get it fixed to my satisfaction before the show I told her we ain't going because she sure as hell ain't driving the other 3 cars we've had registered for past shows.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Kds53098 View Post
                              Do you mind making reservations during the H2Oi?

                              That's a great idea!

                              I wonder if Washington D.C. has any campgrounds too?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                H20i is Sept 29 - Oct. 1. I bet a lot of people are wishing an Irma would show up then. lol
                                Ask an OC Insider

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X