Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCtoberfest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OCtoberfest

    First thing: I really am sorry about all the trolls. I'm waiting to be upgraded from a moderator to an admin so I actually have the power to delete those posts and the users that made them.

    Okay, more importantly: Since Sunfest is over now and we're pretty much into the off-season, I wanted to have a place to talk about the next big event in Ocean City, OCtoberfest. I've been spending my summers in OC for years, but I just moved here full-time and I don't think I've ever been here to get the full experience of fall, Halloween and OCtoberfest. And I am really, really excited.

    So if anyone would like to share their OC Halloween memories, what they're excited for, what they'd like to see here in October, etc., etc., I'd love to read it. I am here eagerly awaiting the leaves to change color and to be able to drive down Coastal Highway without seeing another car for miles

  • #2
    Originally posted by kristin View Post
    First thing: I really am sorry about all the trolls. I'm waiting to be upgraded from a moderator to an admin so I actually have the power to delete those posts and the users that made them.

    Okay, more importantly: Since Sunfest is over now and we're pretty much into the off-season, I wanted to have a place to talk about the next big event in Ocean City, OCtoberfest. I've been spending my summers in OC for years, but I just moved here full-time and I don't think I've ever been here to get the full experience of fall, Halloween and OCtoberfest. And I am really, really excited.

    So if anyone would like to share their OC Halloween memories, what they're excited for, what they'd like to see here in October, etc., etc., I'd love to read it. I am here eagerly awaiting the leaves to change color and to be able to drive down Coastal Highway without seeing another car for miles
    OCtoberfest is great! I'll be there probably the last full week in October. Weather is usually nice and you can have your dog on the beach and boards. Don't forget the drastic markdown of boardwalk store items. Only wish my daughter could attend, as we are both big Halloween fans; easily our favorite holiday, as it pretty much goes on all month. She's in HS and I'm retired (ha ha!). Have to rub it in a little, but make up for it by bringing her stuff home.

    Wish a few more restaurants were open until the end of October; thank God Mother's is open all year; that's my regular hangout (Happy Hour at 4; $3.50 Margaritas)

    BTW, Kristin, thanks for working on the spam posts, I'm sure we'll keep nagging until they're gone. It's appreciated.

    Comment


    • #3
      One of these years, I'd like to get down for that. October is the one month in the calendar where I've never spent a moment in OC. Just too much going on this fall.

      A lot of the local watering holes also do some great end of season specials too from what I see on Facebook.

      Comment


      • #4
        It's a nice event. It's fun to see the dogs all dressed up. The beach maze is a bit stupid for adults, but little kids seem to like it. The pumpkin race is funny. I don't know how people come up with some of the ideas they do to decorate a pumpkin and then put wheels on it. It's fun to watch them race. And I think the Sea Witch festival is in Bethany the same weekend so you may see a scary character or two. We met one several years ago at the inlet and if it would have been foggy, she could have been something out of a Stephen King novel. Spooky!

        This weekend is Wine on the Beach weekend, and that's always a nice event that draws a good crowd. Of course, it was supposed to be H20i weekend as well, but the organizers cancelled it, so hopefully there won't be near the trouble in town as in past years. Unfortunately, I still am reading on social media sites that there are plenty of kids looking to come to OC and "tear up the town". I figure it's all just talk.

        Then comes Endless Summer Cruise In the following weekend, and Corvette Weekend after that. October is a busy month!!
        Ask an OC Insider

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jozo View Post

          BTW, Kristin, thanks for working on the spam posts, I'm sure we'll keep nagging until they're gone. It's appreciated.
          Lol, no problem! I just cleared them out and I think I got them all...Until it happens again, anyway

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
            It's a nice event. It's fun to see the dogs all dressed up. The beach maze is a bit stupid for adults, but little kids seem to like it. The pumpkin race is funny. I don't know how people come up with some of the ideas they do to decorate a pumpkin and then put wheels on it. It's fun to watch them race. And I think the Sea Witch festival is in Bethany the same weekend so you may see a scary character or two. We met one several years ago at the inlet and if it would have been foggy, she could have been something out of a Stephen King novel. Spooky!

            This weekend is Wine on the Beach weekend, and that's always a nice event that draws a good crowd. Of course, it was supposed to be H20i weekend as well, but the organizers cancelled it, so hopefully there won't be near the trouble in town as in past years. Unfortunately, I still am reading on social media sites that there are plenty of kids looking to come to OC and "tear up the town". I figure it's all just talk.

            Then comes Endless Summer Cruise In the following weekend, and Corvette Weekend after that. October is a busy month!!
            Unfortunately, the Spring Cruisin Weekend seems to generate as much trouble at H2Oi did. Hopefully, Endless Summer Cruisin doesn't.

            Comment


            • #7
              Gotta check out Seacrets Holloween party. Costumes are awesome. They have a contest and best costume wins a trip to Jamaica the past couple years. Also, a couple of new restaurants will be opening Novemberish, located at the Gateway Grand. Red Red Wine and I believe Dry85? Wine bar and bourbon bar respectfully. Owners have been very successful in Annapolis. Must have deep pockets to be opening in November, but should be worth checking out.

              Comment

              Working...
              X