Atlantic Stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
    Yes, JR's is gone. I read earlier that it will be a Denny's when the building is done. There really is a need for that style of restaurant in that area though. But JR's was so good.
    I'm sure Denny's will do well there for late night eats, especially with that absence of Tubby's (miss that place).

Comment

I heard that Dennys will have a liquor license...

Comment

Originally posted by Kds53098 View Post
        I'm sure Denny's will do well there for late night eats, especially with that absence of Tubby's (miss that place).
        Ahhhhh Tubbys,....damn,I miss that place too....

Comment

Originally posted by kdog2 View Post
          Ahhhhh Tubbys,....damn,I miss that place too....
          Best subs in OC.

At this rate, Buck Mann will need to put out a 2nd volume of Vanishing Ocean City before too long.

Comment

Best subs in OC.

At this rate, Buck Mann will need to put out a 2nd volume of Vanishing Ocean City before too long.
            A very good point..

Comment

We've taken to the Alaska Stand on 9th street. From what I've heard they were partners with Atlantic a long time ago. Great Burger and it's clean! Still hate to lose an icon.

Comment

Originally posted by VitiminJ View Post
                We've taken to the Alaska Stand on 9th street. From what I've heard they were partners with Atlantic a long time ago. Great Burger and it's clean! Still hate to lose an icon.
                Prior to 1997, the stand on Wicomico was also an Alaska Stand. From what I recall, both locations were owned by two brothers. There was some sort of falling out, and the name on the Wicomico location was changed to Atlantic Stand with the same menu, and despite the name change, all of the signage, cups, etc on Altantic Stand said (est 1933).

Comment

I saw this story and got all excited because I always get the Alaska stand confused with the Atlantic stand! On the bright side, Alaska Stand isn't going anywhere.

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/11/...amily-assures/

Comment

Originally posted by kristin View Post
                    I saw this story and got all excited because I always get the Alaska stand confused with the Atlantic stand! On the bright side, Alaska Stand isn't going anywhere.

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/11/...amily-assures/
                    I'm glad I'll still be able to get their burgers. And it's common to get the two confused, since Atlantic and Alaska Stand are basically one in the same (and both locations shared the Alaska Stand name until 1997).

Comment

Any news on what is going in there now?

Comment

Any news on what is going in there now?
                        According to Facebook, the new tenant is........Atlantic Stand.

Apparently, the most recent folks who leased Atlantic Stand didn't renew, and the previous owners took over. This was quite surprising, especially since the old revolving sign had already been removed, but in an offseason that's seen a ton of changes, I'm glad the Atlantic (Alaska, same thing) will still be at the Wicomico location.

Comment

According to Facebook, the new tenant is........Atlantic Stand.

Apparently, the most recent folks who leased Atlantic Stand didn't renew, and the previous owners took over. This was quite surprising, especially since the old revolving sign had already been removed, but in an offseason that's seen a ton of changes, I'm glad the Atlantic (Alaska, same thing) will still be at the Wicomico location.
                          Well thats good news,saturday I checked their website and it said open now,so I called their phone number,got a recording....phone has been disconnected,but anyways,its good to know they're staying......one icon saved!!

Comment

Well thats good news,saturday I checked their website and it said open now,so I called their phone number,got a recording....phone has been disconnected,but anyways,its good to know they're staying......one icon saved!!
                            Indeed. I can't imagine anything else at that corner. Hopefully the revolving sign is restored in time for summer.

Comment

Working...
                            X