Atlantic Stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Stand

I just saw a picture on Ocean City Cool's Facebook page that shows the Atlantic Stand w/a for rent sign on it. What gives?

I saw that too. I know it's very popular, but the last time we were in there to eat, the toilets backed up and overflowed into the dining area. The smell was unreal. The response from the staff was "yeah, we'll get to it". Needless to say, we left immediately, didn't even pay the bill (2 drinks, hadn't had our food yet and wouldn't have eaten it anyway) and we've never gone back.
    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

a little over a week ago I was sitting on one of the benches in the area beside the Atlantic Stand. Probably spend about 30 minutes there and had nothing better to do then to stare at things. The Atlantic Stand is looking very run down. It's obvious to me that who ever owns the building doesn't care about what it looks like anymore.

Comment

I haven't been in there in a few years, but I often stop by to get a burger to eat on one of the tables outside. It would be a shame to see it go.

Comment

I saw that too. It'd be a shame to lose that place. Loved their hot dogs -- split, grilled on the flat top. Pretty good fries too as I recall. And a fantastic people watching spot. Yeah, never actually struck me as the cleanest of spots but ...

Does memory serve me right ... did they actually sell small bottles of ketchup to cash in on the Thrashers crowd that craved their Heinz???

Comment

It would be such a shame to see a place like this disappear from the boardwalk. I remember buying sandwiches & fries there. We never ate inside, always sat at the tables outside so we could people watch as we ate.
            I don't remember them selling small bottles of ketchup, but they may have. That might have been a good idea.

Comment

I remember when I used to attend Bike Week, at midnight, when the event at the Atlantic Hotel Parking Lot would close, many patrons would flock to that Atlantic Stand for late night eats. I don't think it was common for them to be open at midnight, but I think they made an exception during Bike Week.

Comment

They were a go to spot for a quick breakfast during Bike Week.

A couple years ago they didn't open until lunch and it's been that way ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude2 View Post
                  They were a go to spot for a quick breakfast during Bike Week.

A couple years ago they didn't open until lunch and it's been that way ever since.
                  Wow, I don't get to the Boardwalk in the AM too often these days, but as I recall, it was a pretty popular breakfast spot for people hitting the beach in the morning or people who rode their bikes on the Boardwalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Kds53098 View Post
                    Wow, I don't get to the Boardwalk in the AM too often these days, but as I recall, it was a pretty popular breakfast spot for people hitting the beach in the morning or people who rode their bikes on the Boardwalk.

I don't know about spring/summer but mid September for bike week the past 5 years or longer they were all closed up at 7:30/8am on the boardwalk. I'm pretty sure they didn't open up until it was nearly lunch when we noticed.

Comment

Welp,it's official, we are definitely loosing another icon.

Comment

Originally posted by kdog2 View Post
                        Welp,it's official, we are definitely loosing another icon.
                        Atlantic Stand and possibly the eastside Dumser's and the Boardwalk clocks???? This is too much.

And while I didn't go often, it was kinda sad to see the pictures on Facebook of the sign for JR's Ribs coming down.

Comment

Originally posted by Kds53098 View Post
                          Atlantic Stand and possibly the eastside Dumser's and the Boardwalk clocks???? This is too much.

And while I didn't go often, it was kinda sad to see the pictures on Facebook of the sign for JR's Ribs coming down.
                          The signs were still there last weekend, but on the ground like they are saving them. There's a brand new building there, so I was thinking that they're just rebuilding and then the old signs will go back up. They had the big letters that were on top of the restaurant all lined up facing Coastal HIghway as if to say it still is and will be JR's. Guess we'll wait and see.
                          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
                            The signs were still there last weekend, but on the ground like they are saving them. There's a brand new building there, so I was thinking that they're just rebuilding and then the old signs will go back up. They had the big letters that were on top of the restaurant all lined up facing Coastal HIghway as if to say it still is and will be JR's. Guess we'll wait and see.
                            I'd be a little surprised considering the restaurant's been closed for a little while.

I think I only ate at JR's midtown once, and the one up north once, but it will be strange to see something else there.

Comment

Yes, JR's is gone. I read earlier that it will be a Denny's when the building is done. There really is a need for that style of restaurant in that area though. But JR's was so good.
                              Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Working...
                              X