Rt 404 vs. 50????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jozo View Post
    Great post. Is any stretch of 404 still 2 lanes? That's one reason we started using 50 a while ago. Thought they'd widened it to 4 lanes all the way, but not sure
    Yes it’s currently a mix of two lanes and four lanes. Some construction on 404 but haven’t found long delays.
    We go from DC area to north OC, almost to Delaware, usually take 404. Try to travel midweek, so rush hour traffic is not a problem.

Comment

50 or 404.....just gotta figure out which has the better Royal Farms.

Comment

capt----that's definitely 404! Beer much colder and cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by Highball2 View Post
          capt----that's definitely 404! Beer much colder and cheaper!
          Went to and came back both ways this week. I have to give RoFo edge to Rt.50. 404 construction looking good though.

Comment

To/from north OC, 404 is the way to go.

Leaving OC will be better than coming in to OC on 404. 404 was completed in November so we haven't had any in season traffic yet, but I foresee a bottleneck just after Denton when 404 narrows down to 2 lanes. (from 4) I expect this to be an issue.

But leaving OC should be better. Actually in season, I don't take 404 all the way to 50. I bail at 309 (to 213 to 301) and avoid the Rt. 50 backups near the outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra617 View Post
              I bail at 309 (to 213 to 301) and avoid the Rt. 50 backups near the outlets.
              Thank you. That is an excellent tip and it looks less stressful for one pulling a car trailer or camper

Comment

Originally posted by Jozo View Post
                We don't close the place, per se; it's always available for anyone to use. It's just that we ski in the winter and don't get there much.

Just like to give the place a once-over cleaning annually so it's ready for "prime time", clean carpets, refrigerator, take inventory of consumables, check expiration dates and bring home stuff that expires soon, etc. I made a check list a while ago and stick to it, adding & deleting as necessary.

Plus thanks to Comcast's "generous" snowbird plan, there's limited cable for three winter months
                wow we got 5 months of discounted cable.!! november to march.

Comment

Ruta 50

Según mi GPS, la Ruta 50 es la ruta más rápida a Ocean City desde mi casa en Baltimore.

Por lo general, incluso en el verano, no tengo problemas para bajar, especialmente después de la división 301/50.

Comment

Please press”1” for English

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X