Interesting article

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tfunkhouser View Post
    They can do what they want with the car shows, just don't take away my bike weekend...LOL
    Bike weekend is fine until the H20i outcasts invade that event as well.

Comment

Part of the problem with finding a solution to the H2Oi mess is that too many people will say take away the special events that don't mean anything to me, but don't touch "MY" event. Everyone has to be willing to give a little. Besides, I really think that the events that are sanctioned by the city are okay, they just need better law enforcement. The worst problem is with unsanctioned events, i.e. H2Oi, as such events are much harder to get control of. This is a problem that developed over time, it should have been dealt with when it first started, but too many people were in the "don't do anything that discourages tourism, that's our 'money' mode. It just took too long to realize that sometimes the $$ aren't worth the problems.

Comment

And the biggest problem with the H20i kids is that they can come to OC any time they want. During Cruise In weekends, the Air Show, Sunfest, Bikefest, or just any weekend and there's nothing to stop them. They just show up.
        Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Why is everyone picking on these poor CHILDREN!!!! LOL

Comment

That's exactly right, Z06RL. So it means that OC needs stronger law enforcement all the time, not just during certain events. And, they really need to hit these guys hard, where it really hurts, the pocketbook. Also, besides inpoundment of vehicles & stiff fines, maybe some jail time. Serious 'time' that will stay on their record!

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
              And the biggest problem with the H20i kids is that they can come to OC any time they want. During Cruise In weekends, the Air Show, Sunfest, Bikefest, or just any weekend and there's nothing to stop them. They just show up.
              Exactly. While this true for everyone they seem to organize and come by the thousands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hall View Post
                Bike weekend is fine until the H20i outcasts invade that event as well.
                Bike week is fine if you enjoy 100 decibels of unnecessary noise drowning out the sound of the ocean at 3am. Usually avoid that weekend, but had a wonderful introduction of "look at me!" last year.

Thank God stricter enforcement of noise laws and retrofitted pipes are just around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jozo View Post
                  Bike week is fine if you enjoy 100 decibels of unnecessary noise drowning out the sound of the ocean at 3am. Usually avoid that weekend, but had a wonderful introduction of "look at me!" last year.

Thank God stricter enforcement of noise laws and retrofitted pipes are just around the corner.
                  Amen to that brother, and I'm a biker!
                  Regards,
                  Pete, Gaithersburg & Ocean City

Comment

I understand that some people make their pipes louder than your norm but the exhaust noise is beneficial for the safety of everyone.

This past year and the previous as well the bikers behave and spend bookoo bucks in restaurants and bars during their weekend.
                    Bike week is not going away as of now.

Comment

Here's the latest from the task force meeting. https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/12/...force-meeting/
                      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

I understand that some people make their pipes louder than your norm but the exhaust noise is beneficial for the safety of everyone..
                        Yes, that's their story, and they'll stick with it to the end. :-) The biggest threat to a rider is from the front, where the pipes aren't heard. But this isn't the place to debate it, nor will the debate ever end. Nevertheless, as you said, we do spend lots of money and by and large most of us are pretty mature and respectful.
                        Regards,
                        Pete, Gaithersburg & Ocean City

Comment

[QUOTE=tfunkhouser;45310] the exhaust noise is beneficial for the safety of everyone.

LOL!!!!!!! Funny, you never hear Harleys when they are headed in your direction, because that obnoxious noise emanates from the rear of the bike, where it does nothing but become a major annoyance to those nowhere near their path.

It's all about "look at me" and has nothing to do with safety.

I suppose if noise is a safety precaution, I can rip the muffler out of my daughter's car, or just tell her to her drive around leaning on the horn. Then I won't have to worry about her safety when she's driving.

Comment

I understand that some people make their pipes louder than your norm but the exhaust noise is beneficial for the safety of everyone.

This past year and the previous as well the bikers behave and spend bookoo bucks in restaurants and bars during their weekend.
                            Bike week is not going away as of now.
                            The girl that caused my bike accident said that she never saw me or heard me (my bike was quiet as it was a V-Star - Looked like a Harley, didn't sound anything like one. It was quieter then my dad's Nissan Maxima). I haven't been on a cycle since, but if I'm stupid enough to do it again, it won't be two toned gray and silver (hard to see on an overcast, cloudy day) and it will have a louder exhaust, ie, it will be a H-D as the stock exhaust on those is quite proficiently loud enough. I will also make sure I'm wearing a day glo colored shirt. The cell phone in her hand might have had a little bit to do with her not seeing me as she pulled out in front of me.
                            Last edited by Bob Hall; 12-19-2017, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowRider View Post
                              Yes, that's their story, and they'll stick with it to the end. :-) The biggest threat to a rider is from the front, where the pipes aren't heard. But this isn't the place to debate it, nor will the debate ever end. Nevertheless, as you said, we do spend lots of money and by and large most of us are pretty mature and respectful.
                              QUOTE=tfunkhouser;45310 the exhaust noise is beneficial for the safety of everyone.

LOL!!!!!!! Funny, you never hear Harleys when they are headed in your direction, because that obnoxious noise emanates from the rear of the bike, where it does nothing but become a major annoyance to those nowhere near their path.

It's all about "look at me" and has nothing to do with safety.

I suppose if noise is a safety precaution, I can rip the muffler out of my daughter's car, or just tell her to her drive around leaning on the horn. Then I won't have to worry about her safety when she's driving.
                              I must have super human hearing (I don't, I have 50% hearing loss in my right ear) then and I would like a way to cash in on it! In the 3 jobs I work at, 2 are within vicinity of Battlefield Harley Davidson. The one job is catty-corner from BFHD on V-Twin Drive. When I'm there, I can hear the bikes approaching to turn into the back entrance to BFHD. How do I know they are approaching? By looking out this weird transparent material that is also a sound dampener called glass that is installed in the wall of my office there. My other job location is 1/8 mile east of BFHD on U.S.30 and that office window faces Route 30. I can hear the bikes approaching my office there before I can see them pass my window too. Now, I will concede they are much louder the moment the pipes have passed my window, but you can still hear them approaching. To say you can't is being intellectually dishonest. I will also concede I have no way of knowing if those bikes have stock exhaust or aftermarket exhaust and other engine mods that would increase the sound of the exhaust. However, my former neighbor had a stock HD exhaust and we could hear him approaching his driveway beside ours. The speed limit on our road is 25 for reference.

I'm actually surprised the hotrod/muscle car group doesn't get called out on the exhaust more often. The majority of those cars would drown out a Harley if they sat next to each other running.
                              Last edited by Bob Hall; 12-19-2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
                                Here's the latest from the task force meeting. https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/12/...force-meeting/
                                Thanks for the link.

From the article comes this gem.
                                “Strengthening the impound rules, that’s a tool,” he said. “Working with the hotels and condos, that’s another tool. Increasing the fines is a tool. If the H20i guys get a $1,000 fine, they’re not coming back. Most of those cars are only worth $3,000.”

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Comment

Working...
                                X