No announcement yet.

Concerned about wind turbine location?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerned about wind turbine location?

Now you can put your two cents in.

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2018/04/...ition-efforts/

Thank you for sharing this.

Comment

Originally posted by kristin View Post
      Thank you for sharing this.
      No problem. It will be interesting to see how many signatures they get.

Comment

If you go the comments section on the Dispatch story, you’ll find almost all of the comments (except two OC pols) disagree with the idea that residents want to push the turbines further out to sea (and make the deal perhaps fall apart). I’m one of the folks who support the turbines at the original proposed location, and my house is right on the beach. I love my view, and support wind power. None of the opponents have been able to provide real evidence for why the turbines at the proposed location would be visible or affect property values.

Comment

....except the developers them selves which provided OC officials with the picture attached to the following article. Click on the picture and tell us that that is what you want to see from your beach house.

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/04/...ibility-by-35/

The 26 mile mark is a scientific number that was calculated by the height of the turbines and the curvature of the earth. In fact, I believe the one off of Virginia will be 27 miles out. Ask yourself if that would not bring a tourism advantage to Virginia Beach and shore over Ocean City. To say you are in favor of wind power is taking a shot at the other side. All involved have stated their support for wind power. As for moving this project out to 26 miles "killing the deal", is BS. I work for developers everyday and the one thing they ALL have in common is the ability to look you in the eye and BS you. It is part of their makeup. So tmg, again I ask you to go on the provided link and click on the picture to blow it up and tell me honestly if that wouldn't bother you.

Comment

Originally posted by DeMan View Post
            ....except the developers them selves which provided OC officials with the picture attached to the following article. Click on the picture and tell us that that is what you want to see from your beach house.

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/04/...ibility-by-35/

The 26 mile mark is a scientific number that was calculated by the height of the turbines and the curvature of the earth. In fact, I believe the one off of Virginia will be 27 miles out. Ask yourself if that would not bring a tourism advantage to Virginia Beach and shore over Ocean City. To say you are in favor of wind power is taking a shot at the other side. All involved have stated their support for wind power. As for moving this project out to 26 miles "killing the deal", is BS. I work for developers everyday and the one thing they ALL have in common is the ability to look you in the eye and BS you. It is part of their makeup. So tmg, again I ask you to go on the provided link and click on the picture to blow it up and tell me honestly if that wouldn't bother you.
            I visit OC at least 3 times a year,that is NOT what I want to see,that would ruin OC for a lot of people including me.This must be stopped!

Comment

I really just can't wrap my head around why people are so against seeing a speck of wind turbines in the distance. The ocean's still beautiful, you can still watch the sunrise, the horizon's practically the same... you're just now watching clean energy being produced, too. And if you detest that so much... turn your head a few degrees?
              Look further to the left or right where the turbines aren't in your line of sight?

I'm not even being catty, I just really don't understand what's so offensive about seeing wind turbines in the ocean. Lol.

Comment

I really just can't wrap my head around why people are so against seeing a speck of wind turbines in the distance. The ocean's still beautiful, you can still watch the sunrise, the horizon's practically the same... you're just now watching clean energy being produced, too. And if you detest that so much... turn your head a few degrees?

Look further to the left or right where the turbines aren't in your line of sight?

I'm not even being catty, I just really don't understand what's so offensive about seeing wind turbines in the ocean. Lol.
                Because....the freaking ocean is NOT supposed to have wind turbins on it.....I think that is quite simple,I should NOT have to turn my head!!!

Who agrees with me?.....

Speak up!

Comment

Kristen....did you enlarge the picture provided by the developers? Can you seriously tell me that the "speck of wind turbines" in that picture don't bother you. If you can than you obviously have no investment in OC. There is a reason they are 27 miles off the Virginia Shore.

Comment

DeMan, first I'll will say that I have no financial investment in OC, but I do have a lot of emotional investment. I've been vacationing there since I was 10 years old, I'm now 76. I don't mind those turbines one bit. I see them as "sticking it to OPEC." I live in an area of PA which has a lot of them, "wind farms," on the mountaintops. I love to see them. They wouldn't stop me from coming to OC for a vacation. In fact, I'd see OC as a resort with a good outlook if there were offshore wind turbines. And, just for the record, I'm not a "tree hugger enviromentalist" on a lot of ideas, but on wind energy I am & I'm proud of it.
                    Last edited by EllAnn; 05-03-2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

With 5 or more so miles of cable this entire discussion could be mooted. If wind energy can't survive the added cost of this additional distance then it's either not the right technology or the wrong time or ....

Anyway, if this wasn't one of the liberal poster causes -- Wind Energy -- this idea would have been born dead. But since it is this plan gains support as does the plan to invest more of my tax dollars to prop up another bad idea.

Comment

I'll put my 2c in. I live where there are hundreds of those things around. Yes you can see them from miles away, but they're not bad to look at because they're white. BUT...........this whole nonsense that people are forcing down government's throat that these things are beneficial is a bunch of CRAP! They do NOTHING except line the pockets of those who are selling and building them. GAMESA was the ones who built them all here, they came, fed our agencies the whole spiel, built them, provided a lot of jobs for a couple of years, told people that "your electric bills will go down dramatically".................. and then they left. The jobs disappeared because they didn't offer jobs in new places for the existing workers. And let me tell you , my house is SMALL, 3 bedrooms a living room, kitchen, and 1 bathroom. No heated garage or heated basement. And my monthly bill? Even on budget plan I'm still paying $250 and more a month even in the summer without air conditioning. It's all a bunch of fodder. The only ones who are pushing for it are those who stand to gain financially. The builders, the gvmt. officials who are getting kickbacks, and those who have stock in them. But they are of NO USE WHATSOEVER. And please, all you die hard liberals and yuppies who spout how it's better for the environment... BS! You've been fed a lie.
                        So there you have my 2c. Take it from someone who lives near them, has watched the trees (which actually are more beneficial for our planet) get torn down, and has watched these shysters come and go. And half of the time........the turbines aren't even turning. They're just there like statues on the horizon with their arms up in the air saying "hey......remember me?"
                        Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
                          I'll put my 2c in. I live where there are hundreds of those things around. Yes you can see them from miles away, but they're not bad to look at because they're white. BUT...........this whole nonsense that people are forcing down government's throat that these things are beneficial is a bunch of CRAP! They do NOTHING except line the pockets of those who are selling and building them. GAMESA was the ones who built them all here, they came, fed our agencies the whole spiel, built them, provided a lot of jobs for a couple of years, told people that "your electric bills will go down dramatically".................. and then they left. The jobs disappeared because they didn't offer jobs in new places for the existing workers. And let me tell you , my house is SMALL, 3 bedrooms a living room, kitchen, and 1 bathroom. No heated garage or heated basement. And my monthly bill? Even on budget plan I'm still paying $250 and more a month even in the summer without air conditioning. It's all a bunch of fodder. The only ones who are pushing for it are those who stand to gain financially. The builders, the gvmt. officials who are getting kickbacks, and those who have stock in them. But they are of NO USE WHATSOEVER. And please, all you die hard liberals and yuppies who spout how it's better for the environment... BS! You've been fed a lie.
                          So there you have my 2c. Take it from someone who lives near them, has watched the trees (which actually are more beneficial for our planet) get torn down, and has watched these shysters come and go. And half of the time........the turbines aren't even turning. They're just there like statues on the horizon with their arms up in the air saying "hey......remember me?"
                          I love you Z!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kdog2 View Post
                            I love you Z!!!
                            LOL! Thank you!
                            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

It would be nice if there were some actual facts in here rather than just a diatribe, accusing everyone of being crooked and denying actual science. Hard to debate slogans and rants.

Comment

Working...
                              X