Very Lame Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Lame Forum

THought for sure someone would post about Spring Fest?/ the forum is very quiet and lame

I'll go along with at least quiet. I've only been on this board a year or two, and am somewhat disappointed at the low traffic. Someone attributed it to Facebook and other forms of social media, but who knows? I've looked around for other boards with more action, but haven't found anything.

Wish I could have made Springfest, but can't share anything.

Anyway, I'll keep sticking around here and make the best of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ocmommom View Post
      THought for sure someone would post about Spring Fest?/ the forum is very quiet and lame
      Well....thanks for contributing. This thread CERTAINLY makes it less lame.

Comment

We went to Spring Fest but nothing really to report............... Lots of people, vendors, food, music. Great weather. Didn't experience anything different than other years....

Comment

Facebook groups have pretty much replaced forums.
          Ken

Comment

And when they discontinued the Sand Dollars, a lot of people left. No incentive any more.
            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

I wouldn't say this forum is lame,just slow....very slow at times!

Comment

hmmm was just a comment.. a few years ago..the forum was being used alot more..

Comment

There used to be a forum on Beach-Net.com that was quite active. In fact, it even had a few personal in-fighting battles at times. I'm not sure why it ended. It was great for getting info on just about anything in OC. Plus lots of talk about OC & the happenings there.

Comment

Z with all due respect, I don't think to many give a rat's you know what about the sand dollars. If someone has a question to ask, I don't think the presence or absence of reward will make a difference. If you want the info you will ask. If you want to share info or talk about your vacation you probably will regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by brianpa View Post
                      Z with all due respect, I don't think to many give a rat's you know what about the sand dollars. If someone has a question to ask, I don't think the presence or absence of reward will make a difference. If you want the info you will ask. If you want to share info or talk about your vacation you probably will regardless.
                      No I see your point and agree to a point as well. New people were coming here and were quite active for a while when they found out they could get "something for nothing" basically just by posting. When it stopped, they left. And even some of the regulars left as well. I still wish they had it because those coupons were a great perk. But the rest of us die-hards are still here , and I refuse to die!! lol
                      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Originally posted by terp84alum View Post
                        Facebook groups have pretty much replaced forums.
                        I know I'm an old fart but this forum -- in it's heyday -- beat Facebook groups hands down.

I follow the Facebook groups but it's a lot of "coming down for the weekend, what's the best ..." versus real interesting conversation. But it's all about instant gratification these days and that's what Facebook provides.

As for me, give me back my FidoNet BBS's and I'd be a much happier old fart. I'd still be an old fart, but just happier!!

Comment

I so agree that forums like this are much nicer places to talk about & get info on OC things than Facebook. For one thing, on an active FB page a comment can easily get lost in among all the comments & topics. But, I do think that FB is what is killing off the forums. Maybe a FB page is easier to manage than a board, it seems like a lot of forums on various subjects have morphed into FB pages. I used to belong to several nice, basically "just chat" forums, all of them have switched to FB pages & are not nearly as interesting. I guess I'm just an old fart, too, pghDave.

Comment

There are some Ocean City Facebook groups out there, and I've thought about starting one for our oceancity.com folks. I'm open to your thoughts and opinions on the matter. However, I've been a member of Ocean City/area "locals" Facebook groups and they have primarily consisted of complaining/jumping down everyone's throats/politics. If it were JUST talking about Ocean City (light on the complaining) and sharing photos/videos/fun facts and tidbits, THAT is something I'd love to have!

Comment

Two thing. I gotta agree with brianpa. I didn't/don't even know what the "sand dollars" thing was all about. Second...I have/will never join facebook....it is just a fad . Seriously though, I have no desire to put any more money into Zuckerberg's pockets.

Comment

Working...
                              X