Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Coming!

Good morning,

I am writing to let you know that we will be upgrading our forum so that it is more user friendly. Many of you have wanted this upgrade for a long time. I am sorry it took us so long to focus on this very important platform for our most active and valued users.

We are moving to a cloud based version that will be
    • mobile friendly
    • allow Facebook log-ins
    • not have newsletter pop-ups
    • include periodic rewards for our active users

I have received a report of the current sand dollar accounts which we will run again right before we discontinue the old platform. I will be going through this data and awarding gift certificates to Ocean City area businesses to many of you.

As we move forward, we will have to lock the old forum while we do the final migration of data into the new system. We will post prior to this lock-out so you will be aware of our timing.

I sincerely appreciate the time and energy you put into this forum. We hope that our upgrade will allow you a more appealing platform for your efforts and I can assure you that Kristin and the rest of us will make this forum a higher priority moving forward.

Please stay tuned for final details on the upgrade. I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend!

Best,

Ann

That sounds great! Thank you!

Comment

Should be interesting,we need change.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
        • mobile friendly
        • not have newsletter pop-ups
        Especially welcome!

Good luck with the upgrade. I'm sure like with most upgrades, NOTHING will possibly go wrong! ;-)

Comment

Welcome news. And hopefully, it will draw in some new members too. I have always enjoyed this forum and am looking forward to the future upgrades. Thanks for the update.
          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

New Forum Installation

We now have timing for the installation of the forum upgrade. We will be "freezing" the forum on Monday so we can migrate all the posts and other data to the new platform. This will take approximately 2 days. At some point on Wednesday, you will be able to log back in and begin using the upgraded forum. I will update this information as I get any new news. Please pass the word if you see anybody else in other threads who may not have seen this one.

Thanks so much.

Onward and upward!

Best,

Ann

Comment

Thanks Ann. Will it still be the same web address or will we have to hunt for it?
              Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Welcome to the new forums

Please post here or send us a private message if you notice any problems. We're still tweaking settings and such, but so far everything seems to have migrated successfully.

Thanks for your patience!

-Michael

Comment

Just been poking around briefly but so far I like the nice new clean look. Took me a few minutes to find the login button in the top right corner as it blended it with some other browser controls but that's probably my fault more than anything.

Haven't tried any of the new links nor mobile yet, but thanks!

Comment

Agree with pghDave, the new look is nice and clean.
                    common sense is not so common

Comment

Looks good so far. I'll have to try the mobile version later.

Comment

Looks good. I, too, had a hard time finding the Log In area.

Comment

Originally posted by Kds53098 View Post
                          I'll have to try the mobile version later.
                          Much more phone friendly!

Comment

So far, so good! Nice and neat.
                            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

New layout is great. Looking forward to more activity, hopefully.

Question; what exactly is "mobile friendly"? Does that mean there's an app? I've always had this site bookmarked on my phone and it's worked pretty much the same as my home computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X