No announcement yet.

New Forum Coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah,looks pretty good to me,no problems at all !
    great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Jozo View Post
      Question; what exactly is "mobile friendly"? Does that mean there's an app?
      For me it means it formats much more nicely, scrolls text as expected, buttons show up in good locations, etc. The old site never looked/worked right in my mobile browsers but this one does. No app of which I'm aware.

But a related question for admin ... will this site now work with Tapatalk? I haven't tried and for that matter I never tried the old site. I do use Tapatalk a lot to manage and merge up my reading of lots of other boards.

Comment

Admins ... It appears that our home locations no longer shows in the message view. I always found that useful as I sometimes forget which handle is which unless I associate it with a location. Is that a setting that can be adjusted?

Comment

Hey, great questions everyone. We're still working out the kinks but I'll let you know about Tapatalk/home locations/everything else asap.

Comment

Originally posted by pghDave View Post

For me it means it formats much more nicely, scrolls text as expected, buttons show up in good locations, etc. The old site never looked/worked right in my mobile browsers but this one does. No app of which I'm aware.

But a related question for admin ... will this site now work with Tapatalk? I haven't tried and for that matter I never tried the old site. I do use Tapatalk a lot to manage and merge up my reading of lots of other boards.
            It's always worked pretty nicely on my phone, but does seem to be a bit smoother since the upgrade

Comment

I looked at my profile and location was blank. Perhaps that data was not migrated? Anyway it doesn

Comment

PghDave, I checked, and my location doesn't show up either. And that's fine. But what I DID notice is that I've been on this forum for 15 years!!!! You too!! YIKES! Just seems like yesterday! Guess we're the "oldtimers". lol
                Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Okay, so I've received answers from our web developer for some of the questions you guys had. Unfortunately the answers are mostly negative:

* vBulletin Cloud does not support Tapatalk.
                  * We do not have the capability to include the user's location next to their posts (which I'm kind of sad about because I liked seeing where you guys are from. Oh well)
                  * We could get a mobile app version of this forum, but the vBulletin app is really clunky and 90s-looking so we're kind of leaning toward "no" on that one (unless it's something that a large number of users would really, really want)

On the upside, this forum is now super mobile friendly, which is awesome, and it actually looks like it was designed in 2018 and not, say, 2000! So I'm going to say that the pros outweigh the cons, though I am sorry for the few losses that came with it. Let me know if you have any other questions/concerns or if there's anything we haven't covered.

Comment

Hey, I agree it is a giant step forward. Thanks.

Comment

Where can I find a list of members?

Comment

Originally posted by kdog2 View Post
                        Where can I find a list of members?
                        Near the top of the page there's a "Members List" button. Just click on it.

Comment

Found it,thanks EllAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
                            PghDave, I checked, and my location doesn't show up either. And that's fine. But what I DID notice is that I've been on this forum for 15 years!!!! You too!! YIKES! Just seems like yesterday! Guess we're the "oldtimers". lol
                            Hard to believe. I must have joined when I was just a kid. :-)

Comment

Well since we can't see locations,maybe we should have rollcall.

Comment

Whenever I reply with quotes and or include a picture my reply text seems to get lost or truncated .. pilot error or anyone else having issues??

Comment

Working...
                                X