This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member Introductions

In honor of the new(-ish) forum, I thought we could all introduce ourselves and maybe even welcome some new members! We can get to know one another a little better, maybe spark some general Ocean City discussion, and there's even a little incentive:
    • I will pick one random member, new or old, who posts an introduction on this thread between now and next week (6/19) to receive a $25 gift card to the Skye Bar here in OC on 66th Street.
    Here are a few questions to answer if you need any help breaking the ice:
    • What city/state are you from?
    • How long have you been visiting Ocean City?
    • What's your favorite memory from OC?
    I'll start.

Hello, my name is Kristin and I'm the content manager of OceanCity.com and an admin of this forum! I'm originally from Crofton, MD (outside of Annapolis) but moved to Ocean City a year ago because 1.) I found a job here post-graduation, 2.) My fiance is from here, and 3.) I get to live on the beach! (Or at least like, 10 minutes from the beach.) (Also, I have no idea why my 'Join Date' is May 2010, because it's more like May 2017.)

I'd already been spending my summer vacations here with my family for just about my whole life, and a year from now I think I'll be able to say that my favorite memory is getting married here on the beach. But since that hasn't happened yet and won't be happening until June of 2019, I'll just say that my favorite childhood memories probably take place at Frontier Town. I also always loved staying in a cabin with my family at the Francis Scott Key resort in West OC, and playing with my sisters in their indoor pool.

So that's my brief introduction, and I look forward to reading yours! I know there's a handful of forum members who have probably already talked about their favorite memories and relayed all their favorite Ocean City tales on tens of threads here already, but I do hope we can foster a little community of OC lovers around this new forum that maybe expands to more than a small handful of people. Maybe even up to, like, three small handfuls.
    • Bonus question: What restaurant do you absolutely have to eat at every time you're in town? My family doesn't necessarily have one of these, but we somehow always end up at the Dough Roller.

My name is Ken, and I've been visiting Ocean City, MD my entire life.

It would be almost impossible to pick a favorite memory over my 37 years of going down there. My childhood memories, going down there with my family are priceless. As a teen, I started to go with friends, starting after graduating high school. I alternated friend and family trips in my 20s into my 30s until I met my now wife. And now, we just recently went there for the first time with our baby. All incredible memories. But, when I proposed to my now wife at the Inlet is right up there.

I don't think we have a restaurant that we hit each time we're in town, as we make it there a few times a year. But, we frequent Thrasher's, Harrison's, and The Frog Bar.

Comment

My name is Troy and I'm from Hanover, Pa. I've been going to OC since I can remember. I've stayed in hotels, motels, condos and a campsite so I have a good experience with all accommodations, LOL.
      The last 6 plus years we've been lucky to be at the beach at least once a month during the summer. My favorite time is our week long stay in July and during Bike Weekend. I have plenty of memories and hopefully more to come. Many of you know me and know I enjoy visiting Fish Tales, Anthony's Deli and the Seacrets.
      I have about 3 weeks till I'm back down in OC so hopefully the time flies till then and hope you all have your feet i the sand soon.
      Cheers

Comment

Hello,Kevin here,I have been going to OC since I was 12 years old.Now im 57...(58 next month...keep that in mind) I love OC so much,I soon hope to become a local,need to retire first. My wife and I always enjoy Coins Resturant,Captaibs Table,Frog Bar, and MR.Ducks....tradition for us is to ,every night we got to go to Piezanos Pizza on the boards for a slice and a cold beer... (love these guys),then to dippin dots.My most memorable moment.....we spent a few days in a motel,and ohhhhh what a place it was....The Montecello,this place was so bad,and so much fun at the same time.I think the Monte Carlo is on this property now.We visit a couple times a year,alway spend the week of july 4th.,get in a few mini vacations when we can....

Thanks for reading my post....see'ya on the boards!!

Comment

Hi everyone. My name is Darlene, and I live in southwestern Pennsylvania. I started going to Ocean City back in 1992 when my mother passed away and I needed to get away somewhere. The first time I came across the bridge and saw the skyline, and then the ocean...........I fell in love. I have two children and now two grandchildren and have been with my sweetheart for 49 years, married for 45 years. In addition to being an active member on this forum, I am also a Destination Expert for Ocean City on Trip Advisor, and an Ocean City Insider for the city.
          I think my most memorable moment from OC is from way back in the 90's when our son was about 14 and spied three girls in bikinis from our condo patio. All of a sudden he went from "I don't want to go to the beach" to " I'm going to the beach" and out the door he went with his towel. Tall, skinny, awkward, and thinking he was all that, he went right to where the girls were .......... and put his towel down. They never even said a word to him, but that was a defining moment for him. We still chuckle about it to this day.
          To this day, I still can come across the bay into OC and feel all of my worries just wash away. It's like coming home.
          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Hi to all! I'm Eleanor, well, really, Eleanor Ann, hence the username EllAnn. I'm probably the oldest of the bunch here, 76 next month. I'm from Bedford County, PA; about 15 miles south of Altoona. I've been coming to OC for what seems like forever. Each of my parents had a sister living in Baltimore, so every summer, beginning when I was about 6 we'd (my parents, my younger sister & myself) would go to Baltimore to visit one of them, then go to OC for a few days, then visit the other parent's sister on the way home. My husband & I have been going to OC several times a year ever since we were married (1963). For years we camped at FrontierTown & Indian River State Park. But hubby had a stroke in 2008 &, although he can still drive, he can no longer pull the travel trailer that far. So, we now stay at Talbot Inn, we like to be back at the dock. It's not a fancy hotel, but it's clean & it works for us. We don't have a favorite restaurant, but we always stop at Waterman's on the way into OC for lunch. And, while there we always manage to go to Fish Tales, Coins, Marina Deck & Dough Roller. I don't have any one special memory; but, I do love it when I get that first glimpse of the Eastern Shore from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. One thing that is a must-do on every trip is a visit to Assateague to check on the ponies.

Comment

Hi!
              i have been visiting Ocean City since the early 60's and have primarily stayed in Old Town!
              I love the history of OC and seem to learn new things every time I turn around!

Comment

Hi Ken, Troy, Kevin, Darlene, Eleanor and ocgalwino! I know I've talked to most of you before, but regardless, hi! I love reading old OC origin stories like these.

ocgalwino, where exactly is Old Town? Sounds familiar but I'm not sure I know of it...

Comment

Hello Kristin,ya'know,I thought this sticky thread would get way more hits than this.....come on people,lighten up,check in,we dont bite.

Comment

Hello! My name is Connie and I live in Pennsylvania. I

Comment

Hi My name is Mike, I am an old seabee. My wife, (fiance at the time) and I moved here in 1982. I took a job on a deep sea clammer ( hence my name ) and spent 13 great years at sea. After an accident left me unable to continue at sea I became a local contractor. I spent 15 years contracting. I am now the maintenance manager for Old Pro Golf in Ocean City.

Comment

Hi Mike, Connie, Kristen, Ken, Troy, and Eleanor!
                        Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
                          Hi Mike, Connie, Kristen, Ken, Troy, and Eleanor!
                          Did you forget aomeone?

Comment

Originally posted by kdog2 View Post

Did you forget aomeone?
                            But you don't have a name! LOL Hi Kdog (Kyle? Kevin? Kurt? Kathy? Katie? )
                            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

It's Kevin my friend!

Comment

Working...
                              X