Sunfest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunfest

Been going to OC.for about 40 years but,this will be my very first Sunfest,arriving on 19th through 23rd.Sept.so what can the old dogg expect? I can always get good information

Whatever you want. If you are going for Sunfest events (concerts, vendors, etc) down by the inlet you will run into crowds. I have been going to OC for about as long as you and have been down there dozens of Sunfest weekends. Never even know they are going on, but then again I park my car at the condo and stay around midtown.

Comment

Lots of people, plenty places to spend money, good entertainment (but the real good shows are already sold out), But sadly you will not get to see BOARDWALK ELVIS!!! Hopefully, they will have a tribute to him someplace there.

Comment

The tram will be running so you can actually park anywhere between 27th and the inlet and just hop onto the tram and avoid the parking nightmare by the inlet. Most people will be at the inlet and on the lower end of the boardwalk. The lifeguards last day for the year is the 23rd, so you'll still be able to swim. HOPEFULLY, the weather will be good, but don't forget, there's always that chance of a severe storm or even a hurricane. I've been evacuated from town twice in 26 years for hurricanes so I wouldn't worry too much, but it happens. The traffic won't be heavy, the buffets probably will be crowded. All in all, it's still relaxing.
        Ask an OC Insider

Comment

If you like craft fairs this is definitely one to go to. We were at the first one, & went afterwards for about 6 or 7 years, then decided that the hassle of traffic, etc. wasn't worth it. We decided to give it another try just about 5 years ago. It had gotten much bigger, there were people about 5 or more deep at all the booths. The attendees are really dyed-in-the-wool craft people. At the early shows the food vendors were local, civic & church organizations, they are now professionals who travel around to such shows & the food isn't nearly as good & much more expensive. Originally the OC Lions Club sold fabulous oyster sandwiches, there is still a vendor who has oyster sandwiches, but they don't have nearly as many oysters in them.
          If you just happen to go that weekend, the traffic in that section of town is horrendous, but if you stay north of that area it's not bad. Some restaurants are crowded, some are not. Motel/hotel prices are near in-season prices at that time.

Comment

I've been down for Sunfest a handful of times, most recently in 2016. In my experience, OC is more crowded in August and for Bike Week, but the event on the Inlet Lot does make for tough parking if you're going downtown.

Comment

We stay up in the 80's so on SunFest days I drive south, drop the wife off at Wicomico and Baltimore and I head back north to do something else -- ANYTHING else for the day.

Oh yeah, I do head back and pick her up later in the day. :-)

in all honesty, I have been tempted to drop down for some music and food but so far that's not happened. There's always next year, I mean this year.

Comment

I've been to Sunfest a few times over the years and have always had a good experience with that weekend. I consider it to be the unofficial end to the summer season as that is the last weekend the boardwalk rides are running, lifeguards are on the beach and the boardwalk tram is running. There are also a significant amount of businesses around town that close for the season after this weekend. Weather is usually nice, pending no hurricanes are around and the water is still warm enough to swim. The inlet affords lots of neat arts and crafts with a good selection of different foods. All-in-all, I recommend it as a great weekend to visit!

Comment

Working...
                X