Anybody Still Out There?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Still Out There?

It's been awful quiet. Just back from two weeks in OC. A little damp and a little windy but it's still two weeks in OC -- happy times!

I'm here Dave,just got back myself,Sunday past,but only a mini vacation,4 days....but 4 days is 4 days....had fun!!!!

Comment

I'll check in here. Still disappointed in the traffic here, but willing to hang around to chat OC whenever there's something going on. Wish it were busier, but like the old man says in Grumpier Old Men: "You can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one gets filled first".

I spent a good deal of time at our place earlier in the month. Weather was great, except for a couple days of wind and thunder that the dog wasn't crazy about. Spent way too much time at Mother's for Happy Hour, but with $3.50 Margaritas and dollar tacos, you can't afford not to go there. Walked the boards every morning to burn off some of the excess.

Homeless situation on Caroline Street is slightly improved. No one on the picnic tables across the boards, but a few idiots still hanging out in front. One day they were screaming and yelling at each other for whatever reason.

Gotta do a recommendation for anyone out there that has a place and ever needs windows, doors, etc. We had a new sliding glass door installed from Masterjack 3 years ago. The night of the wind, the door was whistling and no one could sleep. I called the next day to see if I could do an adjustment myself, as I was sure there was no existing warranty coverage. In 30 MINUTES, 2 guys showed up, took the door off and completely re-installed it for no charge! They were here for 2 hours. I called to thank the owners and they indicated that they are a small company and like to keep everyone happy.

http://www.masterjackwindows.com/

Take care, everyone and post something, dammit

Comment

We are still here...Bike week was kind of a bust.....due to the weather. Now waiting to see if any H2o's show up!!

Comment

We arrived in OC the weekend that the Tropical Storm Gordon remnants were moving through town. That was, by far, the biggest winds I've ever experienced in town. On the plus sides those winds were out of the east and I think they blew all the flies to Toledo. A few stout flies appeared one morning but other than that most of the two weeks was fly free.

Florence kept most of the bike week crowd away and never really amounted to much after all the fuss. I kind of missed the noise and people watching but took advantage of the less crowded restaurants and bars.

We didn't get to every place on our faves list but we hit a lot of them -- Harborside, BJ's, Harborwatch, Bayside Skillet, Coins, Liquid Assets, Hooked, Fractured Prunes -- I think we did pretty good. New to us this year was Nantuckets (a couple of times) and we discovered the Surfside Rooster (was the Surfing Rooster briefly) for breakfast. We also found the Muze just off of the boards for some tasty breakfast crepes. We also discovered McCabes Market in Bethany and they have great shrimp, turkey and chicken salads for sandwich making.

I'm guessing we must have seen Jozo when we were at Mothers. Although, we missed happy hour there were still plenty of Margarita's left -- so maybe Jozo hadn't been there after all! ;-)

We managed a few sunsets at BJ's and Marina Deck. The Marina Deck's upper level bar has one of the best, most interesting OC Bay views going. And their drinks are pleasing as well!

All in all a great vacation. No surprises good or bad. Mrs. PghDave got to Sunfest and I got my fill of crab cakes and crab dips so life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by pghDave View Post
            It's been awful quiet. Just back from two weeks in OC. A little damp and a little windy but it's still two weeks in OC -- happy times!
            Glad to hear you had a great time.
            common sense is not so common

Comment

Originally posted by pghDave View Post
              We arrived in OC the weekend that the Tropical Storm Gordon remnants were moving through town. That was, by far, the biggest winds I've ever experienced in town. On the plus sides those winds were out of the east and I think they blew all the flies to Toledo. A few stout flies appeared one morning but other than that most of the two weeks was fly free.

Florence kept most of the bike week crowd away and never really amounted to much after all the fuss. I kind of missed the noise and people watching but took advantage of the less crowded restaurants and bars.

We didn't get to every place on our faves list but we hit a lot of them -- Harborside, BJ's, Harborwatch, Bayside Skillet, Coins, Liquid Assets, Hooked, Fractured Prunes -- I think we did pretty good. New to us this year was Nantuckets (a couple of times) and we discovered the Surfside Rooster (was the Surfing Rooster briefly) for breakfast. We also found the Muze just off of the boards for some tasty breakfast crepes. We also discovered McCabes Market in Bethany and they have great shrimp, turkey and chicken salads for sandwich making.

I'm guessing we must have seen Jozo when we were at Mothers. Although, we missed happy hour there were still plenty of Margarita's left -- so maybe Jozo hadn't been there after all! ;-)

We managed a few sunsets at BJ's and Marina Deck. The Marina Deck's upper level bar has one of the best, most interesting OC Bay views going. And their drinks are pleasing as well!

All in all a great vacation. No surprises good or bad. Mrs. PghDave got to Sunfest and I got my fill of crab cakes and crab dips so life is good.
              Dave : When were you at Mother's? Next time, if you don't see me sitting at the bar, look on the floor. Seriously, if you plan on hanging there sometime, send me a PM. I'll be there in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of sunsets, I got a really good pic of one at Seacret's. Will post when I get a chance
              Last edited by Jozo; 09-27-2018, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jozo View Post
                if you don't see me sitting at the bar, look on the floor
                Mothers is a pretty nice place but I'm not sure I'd want to look too closely at the floor! ;-)

Originally posted by Jozo View Post
                Speaking of sunsets, I got a really good pic of one at Seacret's. Will post when I get a chance
                For fun, I created a new thread for sunset and sunrise pictures.

Comment

Heading down Wednesday. Going to hopefully enjoy some of the cruisers, and some sunshine and good food. Hopefully.
                  Ask an OC Insider

Comment

And hopefully you get to do all the things you hope to do...hopefully....Have fun Z,it's gonna be a looong winter!!

Comment

Well, the plus side is that we've attended nearly every May cruise in since they started so we pretty much know what to expect as far as traffic. Plus we're leaving town on Friday so we'll miss the Friday night and Saturday nonsense. But oh boy do I need some warm DRY weather. My back yard is still a swamp from the never ending rain. So we're taking advantage of the weather forecast, and lower weekday rates, and squeezing in one more getaway before the cold and snow starts.
                      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
                        Well, the plus side is that we've attended nearly every May cruise in since they started so we pretty much know what to expect as far as traffic. Plus we're leaving town on Friday so we'll miss the Friday night and Saturday nonsense. But oh boy do I need some warm DRY weather. My back yard is still a swamp from the never ending rain. So we're taking advantage of the weather forecast, and lower weekday rates, and squeezing in one more getaway before the cold and snow starts.
                        Hope you had a good time!! This time of year is my favorite in Ocean City... Mostly empty with beautiful weather and all the O.C.toberfest shenanigans. And my favorite event of the year happens to be this Saturday... the Howl-O-Ween pet parade.

Comment

Working...
                        X