Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Morons

https://www.delmarvanow.com/story/ne...ty/1457910002/

Hard to gauge the level of nonsense in this link. Looks like they're making another attempt at last year's mess, but cops are cracking down. A few accidents throwing a wrench in the works for these losers.

Anyone there now to give a first-hand account?

The Morons are everywhere! Went to west OC for lunch yesterday, going back thru OC and it took an hour to get to the Delaware line! 94TH street (Roses) was a parking lot. Apparently they didn't get the memo that they were suppose to be in Atlantic City!! Don't know the numbers as compared to prior years, BUT like I said they were everywhere. Even west OC had thier share..

Comment

Originally posted by Highball2 View Post
      The Morons are everywhere! Went to west OC for lunch yesterday, going back thru OC and it took an hour to get to the Delaware line! 94TH street (Roses) was a parking lot. Apparently they didn't get the memo that they were suppose to be in Atlantic City!! Don't know the numbers as compared to prior years, BUT like I said they were everywhere. Even west OC had thier share..
      How about incidents last night, burn outs,etc? I didn't see anything on a few news sites, so I'm assuming it wasn't a repeat of last year's fiasco.

Comment

According to some of the news sites there were quite a few arrests. The police started arresting the 'morons' as soon as they entered OC thanks to the Event Zone lowered speed limit, & if there was anything that was deemed unsafe about the car it was impounded immediately. So, OC may have made some money off the event. The morons did; however, get the memo about the real H2Oi event being in Atlantic City. It's just that a lot of these kids decided that they didn't want anything to do with the real event. They just wanted to go to OC & raise cain! If you go to their Facebook page, it has a lot of posts about the burnouts (yes, they still did happen), etc. By the looks of the videos there, I'm glad I wasn't in OC this past weekend.

Comment

I didn't see any burnouts, but there was burnt rubber in a few spots. I imagine that is more common later in in the day. I did see a few cars that the cops had pulled over. But there was plenty of noise to be heard!! Worse than bike week or at least more ANNOYING...

Comment

What you all are missing is that the H20i event is for VW's and water cooled vehicles. And yes, that event did take place in ACNJ, and yes those people did attend. These "morons" who have been causing trouble in Ocean City are driving everything else. I've seen videos of numbskulls tearing up the streets, tying up traffic to do burnouts, and raising hell. I've read so many complaints from visitors about it. People who were there to enjoy Winefest who are saying they'll NEVER go back. I feel sorry for the Winefest organizers. That event is sanctioned by Ocean City. These car jerks just come that weekend for one reason and one alone. To be a holes. Because everyone wants them gone........so they come in droves instead. About the only solution I can even think of for next year is a nice high speed bump on every block in OC. And chain off or barricade off parking lots where they gather. It's a mess.
            This coming weekend is Cruisers weekend again. Hopefully, it will be less eventful.
            But everyone needs to quit blaming the city.
            If you have a solution, let them know!!
            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Z06RL, I am not blaming the city one bit for this fiasco. I know it's caused by a bunch of undisciplined, self-centered brats who don't care who they might hurt during their weekend of 'fun.' And, the city has their hands full trying to control the mayhem. I'd have liked to seen the police impound every one of those cars as they came across the Rt. 50 bridge, or ever before that. These morons don't care if they ruin OC for everyone else. I saw on their Facebook page that the members of H2Oi, the serious ones, who went to the real even in Atlantic City were rather disappointed in the show there. I just hope that doesn't mean that they might consider returning the real event to the OC area next year. And, that will bring even more of the morons to town. I didn't see any posts from the ones who came to OC saying that they wouldn't return next year, so evidently they don't mind the extra tickets & impound fees. These nuts are making that guy who flipped the Shelby Mustang GT500 out to be a superhero just because he flipped the car & was able to walk away. They give no thought to the fact that he could easily have killed or injured a lot of innocent bystanders. I don't think anyone is blaming the city for this problem. It can only do so much. On their Facebook page there was one mother who posted about how happy she was that her son was able to attend this year & even got to do burnout & got no tickets. WOW! Maybe she should be made to pay for some of the others' tickets & impound fees. Or, better yet, for some of the police overtime pay.
              Last edited by EllAnn; 10-01-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Personally, I would like to see temporary 6" speed bumps put at every light . That would wonders keeping out cars with the clearance these jobs have...

Comment

Originally posted by Deep Sea Clammer View Post
                  Personally, I would like to see temporary 6" speed bumps put at every light . That would wonders keeping out cars with the clearance these jobs have...
                  Exactly what I said to a policeman a few weeks ago,every light,and the middle of every block.Temporary speed bumps install quickly,I've installed them before.Also can be reused.

Comment

Originally posted by kdog2 View Post

Exactly what I said to a policeman a few weeks ago,every light,and the middle of every block.Temporary speed bumps install quickly,I've installed them before.Also can be reused.
                    I'd prefer land mines

Comment

There's one heck of a speed bump on St. Louis Ave. between 3rd and 4th Streets. We never saw it. going about 20 mph, and it nearly put me through the roof of the car! There are dozens of gouges in the pavement on each side. A few of those around town will not only take care of the numb nuts, but also help the alignment of normal visitors with no ulterior motive other than to find parking to visit the boardwalk.
                      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

It's been there probably over 10 years. It slows traffic by the skate and basketball park.
                        Ken

Comment

Originally posted by terp84alum View Post
                          It's been there probably over 10 years. It slows traffic by the skate and basketball park.
                          LOL! We're down there all the time and I NEVER noticed it before! I AM getting old. lol
                          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Here's an interesting article on that weekend: https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2018/10/...one-next-year/
                            And here's a very interesting Facebook comment to that article:
                            153925222929969425.png

Comment

Unfortunately, that remark tells a LOT about the mentality of these clowns. I'm very glad my own children are hard working , respectable adults.
                              Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Working...
                              X