Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Oldies!

No, I'm not referring to myself here.

While in OC last month we stumbled across Kool Oldies 105.1 on the FM dial. I had grown tired of most oldies stations as they didn't play what I considered oldies! :-( But this station has a real nice format and play list. Since I've been home I've streamed it a lot especially to the tiki deck.

In reality I don't listen to commercial radio much since Algore invented the internet and XM launched that Sputniik thing but I have fun (and briefly fool myself into thinking I'm back in OC) listening to this station,.

link isn't working
    common sense is not so common

Comment

Link works fine for me.....and I love this station so far.....Great find Dave. Hoooer needs to add this to his list of cams and radio stations!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bar2008 View Post
        link isn't working
        Click onthe picture/logo.
        Ken

Comment

Thanks, Dave. It works fine for me.

Comment

Wish I would have found it when I was there! lol Thanks for the link. It works for me just fine.
            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
              Wish I would have found it when I was there! lol
              Yep, it was perfect for cruising coastal while we were there. If one can truly cruise in an '03 Suburban "Beach Beast".

ODDLY, I never listen to music or anything while on the beach though. I guess I prefer the natural sounds -- or better yet QUIET.

Comment

I'm with you, Dave. When we are in OC we prefer to hear the "natural, local sounds" rather than those of radio or TV.

Comment

I'll definitely check into the oldies stations when I'm out there. Heading to OC soon for a couple of weeks.

When I'm in the car, I like to listen to 98.1, the Seacrets radio station. The music selection is OK, but in the morning, they have a great talk show, some pretty hilarious stuff and also a good way to keep up with what's going on in OC.

96.5 is also a good station if you're into classic R&R.

Comment

Originally posted by Jozo View Post
                    When I'm in the car, I like to listen to 98.1, the Seacrets radio station. The music selection is OK, but in the morning, they have a great talk show, some pretty hilarious stuff and also a good way to keep up with what's going on in OC.
                    Yes, I stream that now and then. Not a huge fan of the music but it's probably the most local of all the local stations. I also stream Froggy 99.9 (country) when I'm OC homesick. I kind of enjoy hearing the local stuff -- news, commercials, gibberish.

Comment

I added Kool Oldies to my OC page. When I listen to Delmarva radio at home I like WCTG. It has Skip Dixon.

Comment

Working...
                      X