Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ocean City from the sky: What would you like to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean City from the sky: What would you like to see?

Here at OceanCity.com, we have acquired a drone. What's more, we have acquired a drone with a camera that captures some of the most beautiful 4k images I have ever seen in my life. And, by some miracle, we even have a guy who is certified to fly it! The planets have all aligned and we're set to get some really cool photos and video this season, which is why I'm also putting together some pages to share said video (although they'll also be on Youtube @SeeOC).

Anyways, we've been testing it out on the beach near the Inlet and bayside at Sunset Park, and I was wondering where else we should take it for a nice aerial view. I'm thinking we'll go to Northside Park next. Any other ideas? We can't fly over people (so no heavily-trafficked areas, which are easy to avoid in the off-season), and Assateague Island appears to be a no-fly zone.

For reference: Here's a video we just did that uses some of the footage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57hP...4mT-P6vFR0DawD), and the first video on that Sights & Sounds page does as well.

I'd love to hear anyone's recommendations, for photo or video.
    Immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of Ocean City, Md, from waves crashing and seagulls cawing to sunrises, sunsets and everything in between.

Cool idea. Not being able to fly over people really restricts the list, as I was thinking festivals, Seacrets, boardwalk, etc. And I suppose rigging the drone to drop mace and pepper spray on the H20i loons would have repercussions.

How about a dolphin patrol? Or following fishing boats as they arrive with their catch; especially in West O? Also use footage of the beaches in North O "the desert", to give prospective tourists a view of our larger & wider beach areas. Maybe check out some of the cool homes on the bayside in West. O.

BTW Kristen, enjoyed meeting you at the craft beer festival. Thank God the weather ended up cooperating, as it looked dicey for a while. I had a blast; happened to have a HS shirt on and there was a big party of alum and their wives there. Ended up partying and smoking cigars with the bunch. We had so much fun,we're going to try to make it an annual reunion. May have to get the wife (who still works) to fly in for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jozo View Post
      And I suppose rigging the drone to drop mace and pepper spray on the H20i loons would have repercussions.
      I like that idea! And don't forget to get some pictures to post on social media, maybe even the H2Oi Facebook page.

Comment

Working...
      X