OC Postcards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Postcards

I've collected a lot of OC Postcard images over the years. Most of them are not super high quality, but look fine on the screen. I've got a really broad range of topics including aerial views, beach views, boats, hotels, shops, restaurants, and other stuff too. If you are interested, check them out here:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/kschwa...57703538108401

Fantastic collection OCGuy
    common sense is not so common

Comment

The postcards are cool! Just dawned on me that no one writes postcards anymore due to technology.

If you like old OC nostalgia, check out Bunk Mann's items in The Dispatch. Also his book; "Vanishing Ocean City" is really good.

I like the one that brags about OC being an "8 million dollar resort"; wonder how old that is? Hell, I've probably spent that much at Seacrets since they opened
      Last edited by Jozo; 01-24-2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Quite a collection Karl,I'm impressed,and I'm a hard mofo to impress!!

Comment

Those are great .
          Ken

Comment

Glad people like the postcard images. I should have mentioned - In many cases the image title gives some info about what is pictured and the date of the postcard. Also, if you click on "Show more" in the album title area, it will provide an index that shows the naming convention and how the postcards are sorted.

I have multiple images for many of these cards, but I only made the best image public to minimize the clutter.
            Last edited by OCGuy; 01-24-2019, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Amazing collection Karl, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Hurricane.jpg
                Ken

Comment

Terp - Nice - Do you know if this is the original Hurricane location (around 70th?) or the later one that I think was around 68th Street?

Comment

Original. My dad's place.
                    Attached Files
                    Ken

Comment

I can still hear the tv commercials for the Hurrrrrrrrrricane! Even my kids remember that. And still sing the Candy Kitchen song too. Karl, those postcards are amazing. It's scary to think that the inlet was formed by a storm. Makes you realize that it could happen again and divide the city somewhere else. Would take a powerful storm, but Mother Nature does what she wants. Thanks for sharing.
                      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Working...
                      X