Top 10 Year-Round Bars in Ocean City

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Year-Round Bars in Ocean City

From Kristin on our "parent site". Given the year-round qualification I'd say this is a pretty good list.

https://www.oceancity.com/our-top-10...in-ocean-city/

Never done breakers nor any of the Horizon spots. Looks pretty nice. I've been wanting to get up there to see Smitty and On the Edge for a few years now. Maybe next visit.

(Well, let's see how much of this post actually makes it to the board. 4 lines total.)

Great topic for this time of year! A glaring omission is Mother's on 28th. #1 on my list (being across the street from us a big influence on my vote)

Pit & Pub sucks! Will never go in that dump again. Food is borderline and service is the worst. Poor excuse for a Ravens/O's hangout. Would rather go into Buxy's incognito.

Love Greene Turtle, but wish there was one in mid-town to avoid the drive.

Shenanigan's & Seacrets great, also Backshore and Skye Bar.

Wasn't impressed with Pickles the last time I was there, kind of a rough crowd, maybe that was an off night.

MOTHER'S ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Meh. I'm pretty sure Backshore and Shenanigans are only open on weekends. Skye Bar? Really? I think my list would be entirely different.
      Ken

Comment

We're not bar hoppers, but we've been to the Skye Bar and it was decent. Had a fantastic watermelon crush at Da Lazy Lizard. Smitty McGees is a LOT of fun and good food. Last two times at the Frog Bar were horribly disappointing and we most likely won't ever return. Green Turtle in West OC is a must skip. Never tried the in town one, but it's a chain joint, so don't expect much. Agree that Shenanigan's is a great place for a drink, some good food, and good views. Last time we were in there, a guy came in with bagpipes and entertained. Very memorable. Purple Moose........WAY overpriced.
        Ask an OC Insider

Comment

I'm glad to see The Greene Turtle and Back Shore make this list.

Where are the Wicomico standards - The Cork Bar and The Bearded Clam?

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
            We're not bar hoppers, but we've been to the Skye Bar and it was decent. Had a fantastic watermelon crush at Da Lazy Lizard. Smitty McGees is a LOT of fun and good food. Last two times at the Frog Bar were horribly disappointing and we most likely won't ever return. Green Turtle in West OC is a must skip. Never tried the in town one, but it's a chain joint, so don't expect much. Agree that Shenanigan's is a great place for a drink, some good food, and good views. Last time we were in there, a guy came in with bagpipes and entertained. Very memorable. Purple Moose........WAY overpriced.
            We frequent the West OC Greene Turtle all the time, and can't say I've ever had a bad experience. And, to be fair, they're a local chain that originated in Ocean City, so they're not really a chain in the same vain as an Applebee's or a TGI Fridays.

Couldn't agree more about The Purple Moose. I don't like that they charge "show" prices even if you're there during the day when there's no live music. And I get that bottle beer is faster for a live venue, but if I'm going to overpay for a beer, I'd prefer it to be a draft.

Comment

a guy came in with bagpipes and entertained.
              Bagpipes and entertainment ... always find those two mutually exclusive. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by pghDave View Post

Bagpipes and entertainment ... always find those two mutually exclusive. LOL
                LOL: I actually like bagpipes (I'm a musician), but you'll like these..........http://www.rampantscotland.com/humour/blhumpipes.htm

Perhaps a Tilted Kilt in OC??????????? https://tiltedkilt.com/

I believe a Greene Turtle in mid-town would do really well. I called their corporate office about it and they said three would possibly be too many. The West O location never seems busy; perhaps they could relocate that one.

Comment

The West OC location may actually be a franchise location and would probably have language that another location can't be opened.
                  Ken

Comment

I happen to LOVE bagpipes. We have a festival here every year called the Ligonier Highland Games where all the Scottish clans gather. You've never experienced anything like the goosebumps you get when you're walking through an open field in the fog, with the sun barely shining through and you hear the sound of 100 bagpipes but can't see them. It's a moment!! I can understand why centuries ago, enemies would have been terrified if they heard them, but couldn't see them. So anyway, I am always entertained by a talented bagpiper.
                    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

I happen to LOVE bagpipes. We have a festival here every year called the Ligonier Highland Games where all the Scottish clans gather. You've never experienced anything like the goosebumps you get when you're walking through an open field in the fog, with the sun barely shining through and you hear the sound of 100 bagpipes but can't see them. It's a moment!! I can understand why centuries ago, enemies would have been terrified if they heard them, but couldn't see them. So anyway, I am always entertained by a talented bagpiper.
                      I've been to the Ligonier Highland Games. It is so awe inspiring to hear those bagpipes. And, eerie. It is impossible to understand just how beautiful they sound until you actually hear them in such a setting.

Comment

I saw Rod Stewart live a couple of times (or more accurately, was talked into going), and he had bagpipers marching around and performing during intermission. Was cool.

Comment

I can understand why centuries ago, enemies would have been terrified if they heard them, but couldn't see them.
                          A precursor to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Qz...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Working...
                          X