Religious Sand Creations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious Sand Creations

There used to be a man that sculpture religious pictures in the sand on 2nd street.

We were in OC last week & apparently he died earlier this year.

Out of curosity - does anyone know what happened? He was only 50 years-old.

Thanks.

Sand sculpture guy

I hadn't heard that he died. Though I am not a religious person, I have seen his sculptures since the 70's and always appreciated his ability to pursue his high ideals in such a crass environment. Sorry to hear that he is gone. I'll miss his sculptures.

Comment

Sand Sculptures

Hello!

Originally posted by teresa6832 in the "OC Hotels" forum in the "Plim Plaza" forum, 03 Jul 2002 22:25
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      sand sculptures

This isn't really a reply about the motel, but I was wondering if the guy still did the religious sand sculptures in front of the plim plaza?

Comment

Sand Sculptures

Hello!

Originally posted by nlfissel in the "OC Hotels" forum under the "Plim Plaza" forum, 27 Jul 2002 15:35
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Yes, the biblical sand sculptures are still being done in front of the Plim Plaza. I have always enjoyed them, they are a good reminder while you're on vacation. It's nice to see that this is still being done.

Comment

sand sculptures

http://community.webshots.com/user/pretjah

there are some pics of the sand scultpures in my online album

Comment

sand scultpure

I maybe mistaken but i belive the guy who does the sand sculptures now haas been doing them for about 4 or 5 years. the guy who originally did them has passed on. some one please correct me if this is untrue... i believe the gentleman who does them now has a webpage but i forget the url

Comment

sand sculptures on 2nd street

I have not heard that Randy Hofman has died. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
              His URL for the sculptures is
              http://www.randyhofman.com

Comment

it was my understanding that randy hoffman is not the original but again i could be wrong.

Comment

sand sculptures

I just went to Randy Hofmans website. He has a bunch of pictures of his sand sculptures and some oil paintings. If you scroll down, there is a sand picture titled 'Memory of Marc". If you click on that to enlarge, it reads, In memory of Marc Altamar the original sand sculptor of Ocean City, Md. 1952-2002.

Comment

hey hickory girl???

thanks for clarifying. now that i see the picture i now remember thats where i heard the original guy had died so thanks. Hey is hickory your name cause thats where u live? cause i used to live out in washington county when i was a kid.

Comment

Thanks EastOne for posting Randy Hoffman's website.

Comment

sand sculpucture

I was just there the first wk of August and there was the religous sculptures. I didnt hear he had passed either.

Comment

Sand Sculptures

Hello!

The rumor is not true. Randy Hoffman is not dead. The original sand sculptor died.
                          [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X