Stay away from Princess Royal Ocean Front

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BALTOBOB
    FYI.....these "bushes" are what holds the beach together.
    No crap. But who wants to pay top dollar to look at bushes. I can look outside my kitchen window and see that. You get an OCEANFRONT room to see the OCEAN. If hotels are going to give you an oceanfront room with no view of the ocean then they should discount the price for that room.
    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

I agree with Z06RL, on this one, and if they are not going to discount that room, the least they could do is inform you at the time you are booking your room that all they have left is a ground floor room with restricted view.

I think this hotel depends greatly upon "first timers" rather than repeat business.

Comment

The bushes were not on the dunes, but on Princess Royale's property before the dunes. I agree, the hotel relies on first timers, because let me tell you, once you stay there, you will not go back. By the way, I was not the only guest that had complaints about this hotel. There were many guests complaining about one thing or another at the front desk. I guess I can understand why some of you seem to think I got what I paid for. But truthfully, if you're paying top dollar for an oceanfront suite, you should at least be able to see the ocean, something we could not do from our room. Like I said before, lesson learned, I will not stay there again, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone. My advise, stay far far away. I'm going back to OC next month, I can assure everyone, I did not book at the Princess Royale.

Comment

Originally posted by deedee3370
          ...I will not stay there again, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone. My advise, stay far far away. I'm going back to OC next month, I can assure everyone, I did not book at the Princess Royale.
          Can't say as I blame you one bit.

Let us (this forum) know in another (new) thread about where you are thinking about staying - and ask for advice, tips, cautions, etc. There are several OC fans here who are willing to share.

Comment

Jeff

I stayed at the Carousel recently. When I called to make reservation I asked about the patio apartments. The lady warned me that there was an ocean view if I stood on my tippy toes and since the room was facing the swimming pool it would be noisy. Unasked for information but information that I needed to know. I was thankful. So I got a higher up floor. The Princess Royal always smelled! I went there numerous times for a convention and always had to wash everything when I got home to get rid of the smell.

It's been my experience that "big" businesses, no matter who they are or what they sell, can afford to relax in the customer relations department. For every person that says, "I'm not coming back..." there's 5 more newbies waiting to make reservations.

I will never stay at the Princess Royal again. The annual convention now goes to another hotel because of negative comments from attendees about the hotel.

Comment

Actually, I booked an oceanfront room at the Carousel. I've stayed there before and had no problems. I'm taking my niece and nephew so I'm sure they will have a good time!! They wanted to stay there so they can ice skate and go see the Christmas Lights!!!! I'm looking forward to a relaxing stress free weekend this time around. My stay at the Pricess Royale was the first bad experience I've had in OC in the last 10 years I've been going there. OC is still my favorite vacation destination. OC is so much better than the Jersey Shore, and I live 30 minutes from the Shore and never go there.

Comment

Carousel

I know you've stayed at the Carousel before, but it also has a lot of bad reviews on TripAdvisor.com. Good Luck!

Comment

Uh oh!!

After posting that I'll never stay at the Princess Royal again I just found out that I'm going there in 2 weeks for a convention!!!!

I have no choice!

I'll post back with an objective report...after I wash off the stale moldy smell from staying there.

Comment

GOOD LUCK. If I were you, I'd bring a good pair of sneakers for the long hike to your room, a flyswatter for all the bugs, and maybe a candle for your room!! Hopefully, you will not be staying on the first floor!!!

Comment

Seriously the worst?

Some people don't seem to think so (link removed by admin)

Comment

Originally posted by Jake
                        Some people don't seem to think so

http://marylandco.blogspot.com/

Ok... what does this have to do with the quality of the stay at the Princess Royal???????????

Comment

Here-here, what does that website have to do with the topic on hand?

Kinda random

Comment

Re: Stay away from Princess Royal Ocean Front

uwwww.... That was a sneaky one there.... I actually got suckered into reading the whole thing...

Comment

Seeing I was re-elected as forum sherriff by a landslide I really believe admin needs to get read of any comments or topics over 12 months old.

Comment

Aw Kirk! You're living up to your name dredging up these 5 year old threads! lol

We love you anyway.
                                Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Working...
                                X