3 nights stay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 nights stay

Can any one please tell me why you have to stay 3 nights in the summer time?

Re: 3 nights stay

It's a rip off. In fact, the hotels have instituted the 3 night minimum for the May weekend of the cruise in.
    Ken

Comment

This is not unusual. It's that way at any major car event like Cruise In. We go to the shows at Carlisle every year, and it's the same way. As for the three night rule in OC during the summer, it's to guarantee that they can collect for at least one night in the event you have to cancel at the last minute. I do think it's a dumb rule when it's not for any special event though.
      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Well, I think it hurts business. More people just don't go versus staying an extra night. The place we usually stay at has the 3 night minium but is not booked yet for the Cruise in weekend. That should tell you something. On the other hand, they told me to call them back after May 1 and if they had rooms, they would not enforce the 3 night minimum. I'd take the bird in the hand but that's just me.
        Ken

Comment

I always wondered if cities that instituted this "3 night" law also instituted a law preventing hotel owners from collecting a double rent. In other words, say I want to stay just Friday and Saturday night, but I have to purchase Sunday night as well. So, on Sunday I leave. Do they leave my room vacant, or can they rent it to someone else for the same rate I already paid?

Comment

I would stay even more then I do now. Just hard to keep taking off work all summer. I have staff that want vacations as well.

Comment

It is simply supply and demand. They wouldn't do it if they didn't think that they could make more money. Why rent your rooms for two nights and lose out on the money when you can rent for three and still have a full hotel? If the economy doesn't improve dramatically in the next three months, I think you will see fewer hotels instituting a three night minimum, but the nicest and most popular hotels will still be able to throughout the summer.

Comment

I would tend to agree with you montegoman except the hotels are not full. The lady even told me that they were not full. The hotels were not full pretty much all of last summer as well. I don't know. Maybe I'm missing something.
                Ken

Comment

Last year I did find a few place take just two nights. I'm with you terp84 take the sure thing. Other places like Williamsburg and even where I live do not have a 3 day clauses. I may just buy a condo. They may never be cheaper then they are now.

Comment

For every place that has a 3 night minimum there's another one that doesn't, you just have to shop around.

Comment

Try the Surf Villa... It's a B and B. Not the nicest, but if Hector ia still there, he's great! not on the ocean, but only a street away and the price is reasonable. You can sit on the front porch and see the ocean. Just about a minute walk.

Comment

I'm surprised that you found a hotel with a 3 night minimum. I thought that most hotels were stopping that policy because of the economy. If you go down there and want to stay over, believe me there are plenty of places that will rent out to you for the night. Its better for them to at least get 1 or 2 nights rate then nothing at all. If they still want to enforce the 3 day rule, then don't stay there. The Dunes Manor used to be a 3 night minimum for special weekends like Springfest and Sunfest. But I stayed there last year for Fri and Sat night and checked out on Sunday and only paid for 2 nights. My advice, If you don't want to stay 3 nites look for another place to stay.

Comment

Razer pro solution mouse Chrysler observant Plavix patient assistance program bootlick grower Get high on ambien neurone agglutinin

Comment

I discovered your weblog site on google and test a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the excellent operate. I simply further up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Searching for forward to reading extra from you in a while!Â?
                            Tramadol diam Sbobet deorsumvergence How to build custom pc Savage

Comment

Working...
                            X