X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the best Hotel/Motel you have stayed at in OC

Carousel was one of the best to me.

Re: What was the best Hotel/Motel you have stayed at in OC

Wow, that's a tough one. I've stayed at so many. I guess my 1st choice would be the Holiday Inn Suites on 17th St. Large, spacious, bright, comfortable, large bathrooms, nice kitchen and we've had great views in all of the rooms we've stayed in. And it has all the bells and whistles.

We just spent 3 nights at the Spinnaker on 18th St two weeks ago and for a short stay it too was very nice and a lot less money. All of the rooms have been redone over the spring with new carpet, bedding (including mattresses and box springs) paint, and re-upholstered dining chairs. The room was also good sized with a small kitchen, small bathroom, and the only not so good comment is that the sofa bed needed replaced.

I could go on and on, but others we liked were Holiday Inn Oceanfront on 67th , Dunes Manor on 28th, Bonita Beach on 81st, Quality Inn and Suites on 33rd, and even the Rodeway Oceanfront (not the streetside motel)
    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Not the nicest place but for best all-around stay including customer service, pricing, ambiance, etc would be the oceanfront Quality Inn on 54th Street. I took my son and 2 buddies for a few days. They had a blast and the staff was fantastic.

I'll add that we typically rent condos so my experience with OC hotels is somewhat limited.
      Ken

Comment

I also like the Pricess Royal Suites. Since my daughter we almost always need a suite. It cost more but if we don"t get one we pay an even bigger price. She has to sleep by herself or not at all.

Comment

Carousel was nice but it was 5 years ago I was last there. Comfort Inn Gold Coast was about equal to that.

Comment

Park Place was the cleanest & in the most convenient location for me so far )

Comment

The Hilton

Comment

Hilton and Princess Royale (ocean side). Hilton was very clean and luxurious. Princess Royale, though the decor is a little dated has always been a favorite of mine. I like the suites that have a bedroom seperate from the living space (Hilton has the same setup as well). I like the overall feel of the PR, in that it's a tropical getaway. The inside pool and game room atrium is huge and it looks directly out to the ocean and there is a bar inside right by the pool. In the peak season they also have a bar open outside the hotel just before you step onto the beach that also serves food.

Comment

2 years ago in October, my wife and I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard on 15th street. It was very nice, staff very attentive. I'm not sure we could afford the place during the season but I found a deal on one of those online hotel sites.

Comment

The Hilton is my top favorite. We are spending a weekend there this upcoming May. Courtyard Marriott is my second favorite, I especially enjoyed having a nightcap at the bar in the Captain's Table before retiring for the night. Dunes Manor Hotel is also a good reliable option, not as luxurious as the Hilton or Courtyard, but has a unique charm that the other two do not have.

Comment

Tidelands. Is the best.

The Haven is by far the worst.

Comment

Holiday Inn on 17th without question..The shower was amazing!!!

Comment

This is kinda hard. We stay someplace different every year trying to find the perfect place for us to return to every year. There are so many that are average at best, and don't really stick out as "great", but then again, we don't come to OC for the room. We basically just shower, eat and sleep there. The Monte Carlo was a nice place and so was The Spinnaker.

Comment

Stayed at the Thunderbird Beach last year. Comfortable room, affordable pricing, and a great location. This year, though, we need to be closer to things due to physical limitations of someone in our party, so we're staying at Plim Plaza.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Dunes Manor on 28th and of the Holiday Inn & Suites on 17th

Comment

Working...
                              X