boardwalk hotel help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boardwalk hotel help

any suggestions on where to stay on the lower streets on boardwalk? nicer pool is important. room not so much will not be spending any time there but to sleep and shower. have stayed at the flimingo before and liked it but feel like we want to try the other end of the boards. any advice is appriciatted. thanks in advance.

Re: boardwalk hotel help

If you are just looking for a room but a nice pool. I'd go with the Plim Plaza, nice big pool area with a Caribbean bar and grill and live music and also has nice hot tubs. Now the rooms are small and dated but we stay there every time down and have no complaints. And the price is just right. Oh and its on 2nd street

Comment

The Haven has great location...good price and decent rooms...no pool though

The previous poster very well may have given you the best choice...The plims rooms are small but great pool area. It also sits over top a good seafood rest. and bar.

Comment

I don't know the name of the hotel, but whenever we go to Captain's Table (14th/15th St) we see the largest pool I've ever seen in OC from the window of the restaurant. The hotel is on the boardwalk and the pool is in the back. Maybe someoneon this forum knows which hotel it is and if its any good.

Comment

Baybum, that's the Holiday Inn Suites on 17th St. Three pools........one with slides and a lazy river and one strictly for adults and one indoors.

It's a fabulous hotel, huge suites, wonderful staff, clean and well cared for. On a scale of 1 -10, I'd give it an 11.
          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Oceanic Motel is directly behind the amusement park, pool fairly big. Rooms are dated but we never had a problem with them being clean. If any problems with room no problem getting them to address it. it is where the inlet and the bay meet(I know there is a word for it but don't know it) They have picnic tables and grills. Plenty of chairs to lounge in and hammocks by the water(bayside). We don't really care that much about our rooms either since all we do is shower and sleep. So the more "economical" the room the more $$$ we have to spend on the things we like to do!!

Comment

Sharron, have you used the beach there at the Oceanic? Is it nice?

Comment

The Hilton on 32nd. Close enough to everything, but a quiet beach to relax

Comment

Sandy-Shores, the beach area behind Oceanic is rocky ok if you are just sunning on the beach area. I have a 5yr old and it is good enough for him to play, the water not too deep and enough sand to occupy him for a while. They have loungers and hammocks it is the bay side so it is pretty mellow no waves etc..

Comment

I typicly stay with the well known hotels like plim or grand hotel i know is very nice i have stayed there before because ihave heard horror stories of roaches in the oceanic UCK!

Comment

Rideau Motor Inn.

Comment

Working...
                      X