Bargain Hunting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holly'sMom View Post
    I have also used VRBO and found it was a great experience. The owner was friendly and very accomodating. Instead of having to wait until 3:00 to check in, our unit was ready at noon and we were permitted to check in then. On another note, in the 29 years we have been vacationing in OC, I have never tried to bargain on the price of a condo rental. I guess next year I may try that.
    Speaking as an owner, my best guess is that this will only work if it's within a few weeks of the rental date- so you'd probably have to wait until the last minute. I would never change my rates, but I'm not in a position where I *need* to rent, so maybe that's just me- but if you're looking last minute, I would bet you could find someone to bargain with. Although I guess I did adjust my rates *slightly* a couple of times for the perfect "June" renters. I would never rent to HS Seniors (not matter how good they or their parents claim to be)- and I screen heavily during the month of June- but if I know that it's a nice family rental, I will sometimes adjust if I know they seem like responsible people.

Comment

I've rented from Coldwell Banker for last 10 years, Easy to pick your a spot from the website. No deposit with the $60 peace of mind insurance.

If you want a deal go May thru first of June or September, temps are same crowds are small. Find a spot you like and get first dibs on it every year.

Angel C. my angent
      Last edited by Hooper; 08-04-2014, 02:11 PM. Reason: info

Comment

It also slows down a lot even for the last 2 weeks in August when many schools are back in session.

Comment

Working...
        X