No announcement yet.

Ocean city is a horrible place to vacation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If HO would come here on H2O weekend, heshe would enjoy the hell out of it!!! JMO
    Last edited by highball; 09-29-2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanM View Post
      8 posts later, and we still have no idea WHERE you stayed, or WHERE you ate - if you feel so strongly about wanting things to change, then why not call out the places SPECIFICALLY (ya know? like by name??) that you patronized, so they could have a chance to address your concerns? And maybe even take action, to correct the problems??

As far as the beach goes, the town recently banned smoking on the beach, and boardwalk, so already every visitor should see immediate improvements in regards to beach cleanliness next summer...
      That is because HO is a troll. He/She came here for the sole purpose of getting people stirred up.
      First clue is that there are zero specifics. None.
      Second clue is that the comments are completely inflammatory.
      Third is the poor grammar. (Seems to be a common thread with trolls)

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra617 View Post
        That is because HO is a troll. He/She came here for the sole purpose of getting people stirred up.
        First clue is that there are zero specifics. None.
        Second clue is that the comments are completely inflammatory.
        Third is the poor grammar. (Seems to be a common thread with trolls)
        Please read post #23,

Comment

I was going to comment but I see the original posters is no longer around...Just a fake

Comment

Hapnstance?

Comment

He forgot to mention all the tacky tshirt shops on the boards, the annoying seagulls, the Friday and Saturday traffic, kids and adults alike having fun and relaxing on the beach, people watching on the boards, not being able to decide where to eat for dinner, and many other things about OC. That's what makes OC the best beach resort on the east coast.
              I have been taking my family to OC for 6 years now ( 9 trips total), and have never had a bad experience. The only time I thought it was a little out of hand was the 2013 air show weekend. But that was the air show, senior week and a car show/hip hop concert all in 3 days. The only thing I didn't like was crowded it was on the boards.

Comment

The room had a small kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, microwave. It came in very handy...we went out and bought stuff to make lunches with to save $$ and had a nice area to fix..

Comment

Troll alert!!
                  Ask an OC Insider

Comment

So, I know this topic is older but...I've been doing my homework on OC as this is the first year we will be heading there for a family vacation. I am really excited to bring my children and see what all there is to offer. In my research I've came across this forum and decided to do some reading and join. So, after reading this post I am happy to say I can't wait to get there even more! No troll will keep me away. I know every place will have some negative reviews but I couldn't find one named thing from the OP to back anything up. Everyone else that commented has backed up things I've read elsewhere as to how great OC can be! With that said, I can't wait to get there with my family in June and experience it ourselves and maybe make this a new destination for vacations. See you in June!!

Comment

Hi Terry! Welcome to the forum and to Ocean City! At first, since this is your first visit, you're going to feel overwhelmed trying to see and do all you want to, but not being able to do it all will be what brings you back again and again. I HATED the ocean, even the idea of the ocean until my husband took me there 25 years ago when I was dealing with my mother's illness. I didn't want to go, but once there..................HOOKED!
                      Have you sent for a free Visitor Guide yet? www.ococean.com/vacation-guide . And when you get into town, stop at the Convention Center on 40th St. There is a visitor center on the left side where you can pick up free coupons, newspapers, and discount books to help save a few dollars.
                      And if you sign up for this site's email notices, you'll really find some great money savers. http://www.halfoffatthebeach.com/ocean-city-md . Sometimes they have half off of Jolly Roger Amusement Park wristbands, but you have to check them daily and grab the ones you like on that day. I've saved quite a bit on there and never had any problems using them. And have you checked to see if any events will be going on while you're there? June is one of the busiest months. Check www.ococean.com/events and also check out all of the free activities all summer (including June) on the same page. There are free movies on the beach, fireworks, laser light shows and concerts all summer long.
                      I'm so excited for you! Hope you have a wonderful experience that leads to many, many more years of memories in OC.
                      Last edited by Z06RL; 03-22-2015, 08:03 PM.
                      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Thank you! I have sent for a visitors guide. That's one of the first things I've done. I'll have to sign up for the coupons those would be helpful. There are a few events going on while we are down there like movies on the beach...which appears to be right up the beach from where I'm staying. We've been to OBX and Myrtle a few times, but there seems like tons more to do here and closer to home. I'm sure we will have a great time and will have to go back to see more!

Comment

There's always something to do in OCMD and a lot of the times, right out your front door. I've been to Myrtle Beach and can say there are more activities in OC, at least locally. In OC, you can pretty much park your car and if you're close enough to the boardwalk or "Beach Bus", you won't need to drive anywhere. There's restaurants, bars, convenience stores, liquor stores, shopping, etc., all along the 10 mile stretch that Ocean City is.

Comment

Just seeing this thread now. I have been coming to Ocean City since I was a kid, so over thirty years now. There is always nostalgia about things that have changed over the years but in my opinion, Ocean City is better today than it has ever been. I can't agree with anything that the OP has said.

Comment

The original poster definitely has it wrong, the tourism numbers don't lie.

Personally I could not go back to OC and be fine with that, its more of a tradition for me now. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of fun. I only go down for bike week each year, which is next week.

I've been to Myrtle Beach a few times, Jamaica and Saint Lucia.

Dollar for dollar staying a week in OC is just as expensive as traveling to a Caribbean island. For the beach experience, I've much preferred those trips than OC, but that's just me.

Comment

Speaking as a relative newbie, I've seen definite improvement in a number of areas in OC, particularly this year. Like some other posters here, we moved up to an OC condo after many years of camping on the beach in Assateague (I do still miss the state park......the mosquitos, not so much!)
                                Personally, I observed cleaner beaches, less smoking, and generally better behavior on the boards and around town this year, when we were down in mid-August.I'm sure, like everything else, there's an ebb and flow to everything.
                                If you think any place is an ideal vacation destination, just go on expedia or trip advisor and read the reviews.......even the 5 star destinations have detractors, and some of the things people complain about are downright comical.
                                Point being, keep an open mind & find what works for you....I found my beach.......
                                Looking to get back there for Sunfest......

Comment

Working...
                                X