Grand Hotel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Hotel

If you have stayed at the Grand Hotel on the boardwalk, please give your honest review. I have a reservation at the Days Inn next door for the July 4th week, but was thinking of switching to the Grand for the week before. I assume the July 4th week is crazy crowded, the last time we were there for the 4th was in the late 80's and I believe it was.

Appreciate opinions about the hotels that I mentioned and the weeks of June 24 and July 1. Thanks everyone!

I can't speak about the hotel but moving to the week before is probably a good move.The new OC Jellyfish Festival is June 21-23. Before we bought, we always rented the week before the 4th. Enjoy!
    Ken

Comment

I have stayed at both hotels and prefer the Grand. The Days Inn next door has nice areas, and not so nice areas as far as rooms. Some are a bit run down. The Grand has been consistently good. All rooms have a view of some kind. It is an arc with the most curved part of the arc directly facing the ocean and it curves back on the sides. This doesn't mean the rooms are curved though. One thing. If you go with the Grand, ask for a HIGH floor, above the 5th floor. Otherwise you'll have a view of the roof of their shops, or a view of the hotels on each side and not much else. If you're high up (I always ask for the highest floor possible) you get the best views of the ocean and boardwalk, and if you're on the sides you'll have nice views of the bay as well.
      But we've never had a bad stay at the Grand.
      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

thanks for the reviews on both the hotels and the week switch. I have always wanted to stay at the Grand since they were building way back years ago. I think we are probably going to switch.

Comment

update--we switched to the Grand Hotel and went with the last week of June.

Comment

I think you'll like it. One thing we liked was the 24 hour coffee shop. It was great to get up early and grab a muffin and drink and sit at their little tables on the boardwalk and watch the sun come up, or just enjoy the early morning people go by. Embers is just 2 blocks up the street if you enjoy buffets. Coins and Fractured Prune aren't a far walk either. Take a walk and explore the area off of the boardwalk. There's a lot around.
            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Working...
            X