Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please, tell smth about Poul Revere...!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please, tell smth about Poul Revere...!!!

I just want to know more about this place!!! share with your opinions.
    what about its cuisine?? :

Cuisine??

The place is a hole. You don't want to eat there, work there, or be anywhere near there. It's dirty, dirty, dirty. There are lots of posts about the place in this forum if you do a search.
    In other words, avoid it.
    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

One word describes it.....yuck!

Comment

The truly amazing thing is, that it's still in business, and has been for a very long time! I guess good advertisment, and low price, plus a great location = success. When I was a kid I ate there once or twice with my parents, I really don't remember much about it, but I doubt it was any better because it was not a place we returned to year after year. As an adult, I myself took my family there about 7 years ago, when my kids were small (at that time they were 9,8,7,&6, yrs old) I hated it, and my wife hated it even more, BUT my kids thought it was just great! lol

Comment

There's something funny about using the word cuisine when speaking of Paul Revere All You Can Stomach Restaurant. Makes it sound upscale or something. Bayview Steakhouse All You Can Stomach isn't much better.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanM
            The truly amazing thing is, that it's still in business, and has been for a very long time! I guess good advertisment, and low price, plus a great location = success.
            Yeah, it's got a killer location with a deceptive, alluring, front entrance which sucks in people (aka victims) 'not-in-the-know'. They never knew what hit them.

It is odd that word-of-mouth and years and years of crappiness have not overcome these forces.

Comment

Just goes to show ya........................

...how many 1st timers come to OC every year...the funny thing is...there is usually a waiting line around 5 pm...and you know they are 98% first timers cause once you have eaten there you never go back...unless you are a gluten for punishment

Comment

health inspections

With all the complaints about this place I'm curious as to how they can pass monthy health inspections?? Are Ohio's public health laws stricter than Maryland's????

Comment

Couldn't have sad it better!

Originally posted by Z06RL
                  Cuisine??

The place is a hole. You don't want to eat there, work there, or be anywhere near there. It's dirty, dirty, dirty. There are lots of posts about the place in this forum if you do a search.
                  In other words, avoid it.
                  You are so right on the money. It's not worth a penny. Actually, the health department needs to shut it down. One statement: Flies in cheese at potato bar. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Check722
                    You are so right on the money. It's not worth a penny. Actually, the health department needs to shut it down. One statement: Flies in cheese at potato bar. 'Nuff said.
                    Yup and they're not LIVE flies......if you know what I mean.
                    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Paul Revere's

I spent 2 wonderful summers working at Paul Revere's (1998 and 1999). That place will always hold a special place in my heart. I don't know if this makes anyone feel better, but that place had the cleanest restaurant kitchen I have ever seen. I have worked at a lot of places, too. They were very strict about that. Also, the Health Department would visit us, just like every other restaurant and there were never issues or anything. I do think the place needs a major update and that may help with people thinking it's dirty.

Also, that place is always packed. From open to close there was always a line. It was great for us. A lot of people hate the place and that's fine, but I will tell you that we had A LOT of people who returned each summer. I heard a variety of reasons from my customers. It was a tradition for some and others just like it b/c it is good for kids.

People also complain about the 15% tip already included. I agree that you shouldn't be forced to pay for service if it's bad, but you also have to understand that not a lot of people tip at buffets beacuse we just "get drinks" (not true at all). Also, that 15% is split amongst the staff. You sever only gets about 10%. Each server there is rated at the end of the summer on their performance. If they are good, they get 11%. If they suck, they can get as little as 8%. We weren't paid an hourly wage, either. It may seem a little weird how we were paid, but it's legit and we all left that job very happy at the end of the summer. That made us work even harder to keep that place in order. We were being graded.

I ate there twice a day, six days a week for two summers and nothing bad happened. OK, I did gain some weight, but that's it. It is a good place if you are hungry and want something cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Puppy Mommy
                        I spent 2 wonderful summers working at Paul Revere's (1998 and 1999). That place will always hold a special place in my heart. I don't know if this makes anyone feel better, but that place had the cleanest restaurant kitchen I have ever seen.
                        Sorry, but speaking for myself there is nothing you could say about that place that would make me "feel better" about it... I've never been in the kitchen, I have been in the restrooms, dinning room, and ate the food. The place is lousy! it's musty smelling the food is old and cold, and wasn't any good to start with, they heard you through that salad bar, hoping that you'll fill up on that before you get to the actual food! They advertise it as $8.99 but then they rape you on the drinks and throw that tip on your bill at the end because they know that as bad as the food is, most people probably wouldn't even leave a dime no matter how good the service was...

Comment

Puppy Mommy,

I have to ask, are you affiliated in any way with the restaurant???

It seems awfully suspicious to me that your first (and only???) post would be to defend this place!!!!!!

Comment

Puppy Mommy,

I have to ask, are you affiliated in any way with the restaurant???
                            I believe that she already stated that she was "affiliated" with the restaurant... Did you read her post? Paul Revere is what it is- Cheap food that is good for the kids.

Comment

CBayWolf,
                              Yes, I read her post, but I meant affiliated as in an owner or family member of an owner. Call me cynical, but I just do not believe any waitstaff would write something like that post, having been a waitress myself many, many years ago.

For example: if the restaurant tacks on a 15% gratuity, why when it is split up among the servers do they only get 10%???? What happened to the other 5% and why is Puppy Mommy okay with that? Would you work for no hourly pay, knowing that a 15% gratuity was being charged on your behalf but that only if you were very good (according to whoever is "grading" you) would you maybe see 11%, or only 8%, of it at the end of the season???????

Another example: her statement that the kitchen at Paul Revere's is so clean is suspect to me. Having worked in a few different restaurants in my day (from fast food to an upscale restaurant) I would have to say that what happens in most restaurant kitchens should stay there and never be told. In the best of situations, keeping the food storage areas clean and pest free is a real challenge. And keep in mind that this place clearly has some kind of mold problem and is near water. It is my feeling that pest control would be a big problem. Believe me, people would not eat ANYWHERE, if they saw the back-end of the business. Not that people spit in your food or anything, just that it is better to believe that the food is handled by pristine, clean people in pristine, clean conditions. Enough said.

In any event, when my kids were small, we also went to Paul Revere because, as you said, the food is cheap and not bad enough to hurt you. However, once the kids reached 10 or 11, even they did not want to go back.

Comment

Working...
                              X