Any news on the new Captains Table?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on the new Captains Table?

Hi, Does anyone know if they're still planning to be open for this summer?

Foundation of bldg still being put in.
    Beware of the Carona Cat !!!

Comment

What a bummer, sounds as though it is not going to be open for this summer. The Captain's Table was the favorite OC restaurant for both my wife & I. When we go to Ocean City for the week, we typically eat out for a really nice dinner one night, spend one night at Hooper's for AYCE crabs, and pretty much eat carryouts in our condo the rest of the week. Last year we substituted Nick's House of Ribs for the Captains Table since it was being demolished. Nick's was very good, but it could not replace the Captains Table. I don't know what we will do this year for our special night out.

Comment

Try Captains Galley in West OC.Lite fare upstairs in bar and full dinners in downstair restaurant.A lot of folks ( myself included) say they have the best crabcake in OC.

Comment

Captians Table no!!! What about Pollock Johnny Hotdogs?! I love that place! Its not that good in its un-original place.

Comment

We may just try the Captains Galley. I had previously rated the Captains Table's crab cakes as the best in OC, sounds as though it may have a contender.

Comment

Originally posted by BALTOBOB
              Try Captains Galley in West OC.Lite fare upstairs in bar and full dinners in downstair restaurant.A lot of folks ( myself included) say they have the best crabcake in OC.
              (probably a stupid question) being it's over there in west OC. is it as busy as the places are in town?

Comment

Yes, about the same for dinners.
                However,if you just want a crabcake,steamed shrimp,or steamed crabs and a couple of beers you can get in and out of the upstairs bar pretty quickly.
                PS
                The bar is family friendly.The actual bar is partitioned of from the tables and booths.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'm ashamed to admit it but in all the years I've been going down to OC. I don't remember ever eating across the bridge. I guess I always made the mistake in thinking the best places had to be in the heart of town.

Comment

Thanks for the info Baltobob. I took my family to Capain's Galley II last year and we all loved it. We'll definitely be going back again this year. Maybe twice since the Hobbit is gone and Captain's Table isn't looking too good for mid July.

Comment

For a special dinner, you got to try the Marlin Moon Grille in West OC in the Francis Scott Key Hotel. Absolutely the best food in Ocean City in my opinion. It's a little pricey, but absolutely worth it. Have never had a bad meal there yet, and we've been eating there for years.

Comment

Working...
                      X