Cover charge for seacrets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover charge for seacrets

Getting ready to come to OC for a week, and am wondering if Seacrets has a cover charge this year, I know last year, they did away with it,,which was a nice treat. i know if you get there early enough you miss it, Thanks for any info.

Yay Secrets!

I went in about a week ago, cover was $10 for a normal night (accept for me, locals get in free!! BONUS!!). I think it goes up if they have something super special going on,

FYI, the drink prices are SO high at Secrets. A couple girlfirends and I went two weekends ago, we got 3 Crown Royal and cokes, the bill came to $27. We got 5 Red Headed S*uts shots and that was $23. My advice, get the drinking started at home or somewhere else and wrap it up at Secrets, otherwise you'll drain your bank account in one night.

Also, my boyfriend and I got a snack in the dining section, the Jamacian french fries were yummy ( I get in such a snacky food mood when I drink!!)

Comment

I think the cover charge runs with what hour you go in, starting at 6 or 7 or something -- $7 if you go in during 7:00 hour, et cetera, but doesn't go above $10.

Comment

If you go on ladies night, there is no cover--for ladies. At least that's how it was the last couple of years.

Comment

No cover before 5 PM any day of the week. After 5 PM it's $5, after 6 PM it's $6, after 7 PM it's $7, etc., up to $10 maximum after 10 o'clock.

I believe on Friday nights, ladies get in for free all night long, but that may just be a winter season thing. I'm not sure.

As far as drink prices go, they are right in line with any of the other popular clubs and more upscale restaurants in town. Remember to ask about specials. Every day they have a $1.75 draft special all day long, Natural light cans are always $2.25 or $2.75 (I can't remember) and there is usually a liquor special during happy hour.

Comment

Seacrets

Thanks for all the info,,.. i did know that drinks are very expensive,,,but we will drink before we go...and i think happy hour runs till 7;00, after that i dont mind buying a drink or 2 at regular price.

Comment

The never did away with cover charges (except on maybe a few special nights) last year- The previous year (2004) the covers were $15-$20 on the weekends (and people were still waiting in line for an hour on those nights).

Last year they maxed out there cover at $10 which was nice- and it is the same this year. They could probably charge $25 on weekends, and it would still be full.

Comment

Re; Seacrets

The Last Time We Went To Seacrets They Were Actually Making People Empty Their Pockets Using A Detector Wand Between Our Legs And Asking People If They Had Any Weapons. Kind Of Freaked Me Out. We Did Go In, But It Did Scare Us. How Bad Had Things Become? Yes, I Do Want To Go Somewhere Safe But It Just Made Me Feel More Unsafe If You Get What I Mean? I Kept Thinking About The One Person Who Might Have Made It Through. Does Anyone Know If Other Entertainment Places In Oc Had The Same Routine?

Comment

Re; Seacrets

The Last Time We Went To Seacrets They Were Actually Making People Empty Their Pockets Using A Detector Wand Between Our Legs And Asking People If They Had Any Weapons. Kind Of Freaked Me Out. We Did Go In, But It Did Scare Us. How Bad Had Things Become? Yes, I Do Want To Go Somewhere Safe But It Just Made Me Feel More Unsafe If You Get What I Mean? I Kept Thinking About The One Person Who Might Have Made It Through. Does Anyone Know If Other Entertainment Places In Oc Had The Same Routine? I Realize This Had Nothing To Do With Cover Charges But This Came To Mind Seeing The Name Of Seacrets. And Maybe You Should Leave Your Weapons Back At The Room!!

Comment

Secrets is also serious about dress code especially for males like no sleeve-less shirts or extra baggy clothing. From the sound of it I think they are trying to decrease the likelihood of concealing a weapon...which also made me a bit weary when I went there too. But once you get inside everything seems really calm and under control.

And they have an kick a** security system. While dining my beau and I spotted 5 very hard to find cameras... small as a roll of quarters. I am sure security is on top of things.

Comment

Relax!!!

Some of you paranoid people just need to just relax and have a good time. Seacrets doesn't start the wanding and metal detector thing until the evenings. In my 13 years of patronizing Seacrets I have never heard of a weapons incident while inside or even out on the parking lot. Yes, fights do happen on rare occasions, but the clothed and plain-clothed security members are swift and they come out of no where when trouble does start and it is usually stopped in a matter of seconds. They are very good.

Seacrets has on the order of 2,000 to 3,000 people pass through it's gates on any given summer day. I'm sure insurance for a place like that is sky high and the metal detector and wands are something probably suggested by the insurance company to help reduce liability insurance rates.

I do not recall hearing about something happening and then the detectors were instituted the next week. They just started being used about 3 or 4 summers ago.

Comment

These days, better safe than sorry. I don't mind the metal detectors, I think it's a "just in case" thing. I have never seen any trouble at all in Seacrets. Actually, I think they started using metal detectors after 9/11, and I don't blame them.

Comment

Metal detectors are false security. If someone wants to bring a gun into Seacrets they will. I would not worry about a stick up or hostage situation there. Everyone is already broke after the cover charge and drinks.

Seriously Seacrets? Give me a break. Get out see the world. The secret is a fool and his money are, oh never mind. If you have fun there that is what vacation is all about.

Interestingly enough all the locals eat dippin dots, have dogless dog leashes, glow sticks, henna tatoo's, and lazer pointers. So if you want to be a local...

brianpa

Comment

brianpa,

Oh and I guess "having rum runners and steamed shrimp at Harpoon Hanna's for an early lunch" is opening your eyes and seeing the world??? PUH-LEEZ. Talk about a boring place. To each their own I guess.

Comment

Yes, I have fun at Seacrets, and just about everyone I encounter there is having FUN. Locals call it a tourist trap--but I am a tourist and have never had so much fun anywhere else. I actually look forward to it all year. I go early to hear the Jim Long band and stay late. Get out and see the world? I think after 28 years I have seen just about all of Ocean City and surrounding area and Seacrets is what we like to see. And who said anything about wanting to be a local??

Comment

Working...
                              X