Phillips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So then....

So then what buffet's do you guys recommend, keeping in mind that we like the Maryland crabs on the buffet as well?

Comment

With Maryland crabcakes going for between $10 & $ 15 and Maryland steamed crabs going for $40 to $60 a dozen I doubt if you'll get Maryland crabs on any buffet.
      Suggest you go to a decent seafood resturaunt and get an entree' for about the same price.
      Beware of the Carona Cat !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krislynell View Post
        So then what buffet's do you guys recommend, keeping in mind that we like the Maryland crabs on the buffet as well?
        Good question... if you would have asked me a year ago I would have said the Bonfire, and Ember's were the two best buffets in town, but I ate at the Bonfire this past July, and I hate to say it but I was really disapointed, I would/will go back to Ember's someday, but I don't remember either one of those places having Maryland crabs on the buffet. Although I've never really looked for them because when I go to a buffet for supper, I'm most likely very hungry and don't have the patience to sit there and pick crabs. If I was going out for crabs it would be later in the day (after I've eaten a true meal) and I would head to Bahama Mama's and order them with a pitcher of cold beer.

Comment

Right on Dean !
          That's the way it's done.
          Beware of the Carona Cat !!!

Comment

No true blue crab connoisseur should eat crabs at a buffet (or an AYCE joint for that matter). Most times the crabs are barely above legal size and those crabs see a lot of resteaming/reheating from leftovers of previous patrons. Plus there is a lot of waste at the AYCE places. Heck, just go for the back fin and leave the rest of the crab to be thrown away...they will bring more.

As DeanM already suggested, head to Bahama Mamas for some of the best steamed crabs (and views of Assateague and the Inlet) OC has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by mink66 View Post
              As DeanM already suggested, head to Bahama Mamas for some of the best steamed crabs (and views of Assateague and the Inlet) OC has to offer.
              Don't forget they also make some mean frozen drinks, served up in a coconut! Not only are they cheaper but in my opinion they are better than anything you'll get at Seacrets...

Comment

Originally posted by DeanM View Post
                Don't forget they also make some mean frozen drinks, served up in a coconut! Not only are they cheaper but in my opinion they are better than anything you'll get at Seacrets...
                Hmmm...anytime I've been there it's been for crabs and the only drink that goes with crabs is a nice cold beer. However, now that you mention I will have to make a special trip to try the frozen drinks! Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by mink66 View Post
                  ...However, now that you mention I will have to make a special trip to try the frozen drinks! Thanks for the suggestion!
                  Hmmmm...I'm with you on that one.

Comment

Me and my big mouth! I let the cat out of the bag. NOW everyone will be there, and I'll have to fight my way up too the bar to get a drink!

Comment

Originally posted by DeanM View Post
                      Me and my big mouth! I let the cat out of the bag. NOW everyone will be there, and I'll have to fight my way up too the bar to get a drink!
                      OK, OK! I'll hav'ta buy you a drink.

Comment

Guys, I could be wrong, but I believe it's against Maryland state law to eat Maryland Blue Crab with anything but a cold beer! And eating them with a "frozen drink" doubles the fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ_Walters View Post
                          Guys, I could be wrong, but I believe it's against Maryland state law to eat Maryland Blue Crab with anything but a cold beer! And eating them with a "frozen drink" doubles the fine.
                          JJ, you're probably correct, and I should have been more specific- Ok, here it is. If you're going to Bahama Mama's to to eat jumbo crabs, beer is the only alcholic beverage allowed on the table (unless you're female, and worried the beer will be to fatting, in that case you'll be given a pass).

Now, if you are not picking crabs, if you just stopped in to have a drink on the deck and enjoy the view of the bay, or are having dinner other than crabs, then frozen drinks are a perfect choice!

Sorry for the confusion....

Man... has this thread gotten off subject!

Comment

Ok Dean, you get a pass .... this time

Back on topic, I don't go to Phillip's restaurants anymore. Not after I learned they import their crabs from SE Asia (that's right, it's not even a real Blue Crab). They don't even use Gulf crab. Blah.

Comment

Originally posted by Krislynell View Post
                              Why not just go to Rippon's and buy a couple dozen crabs to eat at home? They steam them however you want them done. And they're very good!
                              Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
                                They steam them however you want them done. And they're very good!
                                How many ways are there to steam Maryland blue crabs?

Comment

Working...
                                X