Restaurant for sale: Island Cafe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restaurant for sale: Island Cafe

LOL. Bob, you're always such a ray of sunshine.
    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Originally posted by BALTOBOB

Well there goes the neighborhood.

Looks as if the Keno players (year round customers) will have to move to the Crab Bag,High Stakes, or Duffy's.

Speaking of Keno the Island was the top Keno location in MD one year, always in the top 5.

Maryland pulled the plug on Keno Friday, missed payments. A Keno bar with no Keno will not do well, wonder if they will survive until the 15th of April.

Comment

Slainte's website: http://www.slaintepubandrestaurant.com/

Comment

Would love to see a Cluck- U franchise opened in O.C., in fact if I had the money, I'd be the one to do it!

Comment

Makes no sense----how in the hell can a place --- with great food, great drinks, and Keno fun...... GET STUPID??? Hopefully' it"s just the change in ownership!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deannaoc
              Good luck to them.

That is one bad location. It's off the highway and out of sight. Not to mention 10 miles from the resort area.

Now if they can get the old folks who hang at Harris Teeter to drink earlier they may have a chance.
              Beware of the Carona Cat !!!

Comment

What is the latest news on the Island Cafe??

Comment

Originally posted by ocjoymac10

What is the latest news on the Island Cafe??
                  Pleeeaaase some news....like I've said before....the IC was one place that I actually ENJOYED the food.

Comment

Walked into the Island Cafe last night and was the only customer! Was told that they will officially close at midnight this Friday---as thats when their liquor license expires.... Today they were closed by 10:00pm... So who knows whats really going on. But the new "owners" have not gone to settlement yet...

Anyway, talked with some of the bartenders at other locations and they said that they guy from Kirbys is buying the place BUT----he wants nothing to do with KENO and wants to draw in the "younger crowd"... Apparently he can make more money selling "shots" than good food and keno for the locals......well good luck--I am sure that all the golfers that stay at the Fenwick Inn won't be going there anymore.....

If what I was told is true-----I give the place six months(or less) and it will go under..... To bad if was really a great place..

Comment

Agreed, It was a great place for a lot of years, our group had a ton of laughs and great meals there. Really sorry to see it go! Look's like off to the ELKS & Duffy's for Keno !!

Comment

I missed the closing party last night

It all went down hill after Scotty left the kitchen LOL. (Kinda serious, maybe more of a coincidence.) I know Kelly and Wayne pretty well, and know of some other stuff I won't mention. It;s not always about food, service and the like. Sometimes it's about choices and priorities. Put it all together.... back taxes and the lein (this sent them over the edge) the lack of funds when Keno went to collect means money was spent elsewhere. I can see some places not paying taxes, not rare. I can't imagine money collected from Keno sales not being available to the State. Really kinda sad.

Terrence Kirby serves up good food on 94th, a really good hole in the wall for good bar food. Caine Woods is an entire different neighborhood and demographic then customers from the Little Salisbury neighborhood. It will interesting to see what it (The Red Onion???) will do and what will change....... if it's a done deal. Most of the time when places change hands there is activity, it's almost as though there has been none.

Comment

Island Cafe regulars are already dispercing to Blue Ox, High Stakes, and back to Whiskers.The closing was really sad.

Comment

Bob, Don't forget Duffy's-----several of the regulars were there this weekend...... Another good spot for those who like to play Keno is "JC's northside"....

Comment

Any news on when the Island will open under the new owners & name?

Comment

License hearing before Worcester County board on May 19th.

Comment

Working...
                                X